ACP full form represents Assistant Commissioner of Police and it is a key position in the Police Department in any country both at the state and the central level. In every part of the world, ACP is highly recognized, and the rank cuts across a range of governments’ revenue administration like in-country tax customs, property taxes, income taxes, etc.
What is the Meaning of ACP?
In the police department, we have two ranks that are similar to each other and they are ACP and DSP. These two ranks have three stars, which implies when you are in this position, they give you three ranks on your uniform. Assistance Commissioner of Police can be either produced directly or made ACP by promoting an inspector.
It will amaze you to know they are a member of Provincial Forces and can be promoted to fill in the position of IPS after their limited service. Besides the police force, ACP takes part in the service of administration for posts like Central Excise, Service Tax, Custom, Income Tax, and many others.
Full Structure of ACP
The full meaning of ACP is Assistant Commissioner of Police, while the DCP represents the Deputy Commissioner of Police. On the other hand, the local justices are responsible for the lawfulness and the organization of government drives which becomes aware of the income debates having a place within the region.
An approved local judge gather Land Revenue to forestall infringement on government land in the area and they are alluded to as a gatherer. Officials from the Indian Administrative Service framework designate the situation in India.
Steps to Become an ACP
Before you can become or join ACP, you will have to write the UPSC examination that is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission Board. Also, you have to select the IPS in this exam, and the IPS officers as well as the DSP can be promoted to fill the position of an ACP.
The state police officers can become ACP after a successful career of 10 to 15 years. To appear in this examination it is crucial to have a bachelor’s degree from a reputable university or organization. Besides, the applicant should be an Indian citizen and must complete 21 years of age. The maximum age limit for ACP is different in different categories like ST, OBC, and SC.
What are the Criteria for ACP Full Form?
To be eligible for Assistant Commissioner of Police, it is important to possess certain qualifications, and they are:
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- ACP applicants must be at least 21 years old and Indian citizens.
- The upper age limit for SC, ST, and OBT applicants can be exceeded by 3 to 5 years.
- The applicant must be physically and mentally to be an ACP
- It is compulsory to sit for the graduation examination in any of the streams
What are the Responsibilities of ACP?
- The Assistant Commissioner of Police is responsible for the daily operations of the department that are crime-related.
- The role of ACP includes offering positive comments on different department strategies as well as action initiatives.
- The Assistant Commissioner of Police must submit reports to the superior authority with crucial details.
- ACP works closely with Police Commissioner.
- They handle different commissioners’ activities and duties offered by the Commissioner of Police.
- They guide and supervise the officers under their command and maintain the department’s discipline.
- They are in charge of regular inspection of the crime scene and perform investigation too.
Other ACP Full Forms
ACP Address Confidentiality Program
ACP Association of Cancer Physicians
ACP Associated Construction Publications
ACP A Connecticut Party
ACP Acyl carrier protein
ACP Airline Control Program
ACP American Corporate Partners
ACP Airport Core Programme
ACP Association of Chinese Professionals
ACP Alliance for Climate Protection
ACP Active Citizen Project Organizations
ACP Automatic Colt Pistol
ACP Air Cadet Publication
ACP ANSI Code Page
ACP Australian College of Pharmacy
ACP American Communist Party Organizations
ACP American College of Physicians
ACP Average CPU Power
ACP Advanced Certified Paralegal
ACP Associated Construction Publications
ACP Atari Coldfire Project Organizations
ACP Association of Chess Professionals
ACP Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics Science & technology
ACP Assistant Commissioner of Police