This is a well-detailed guide explaining different paths to obtain Bulgarian citizenship by investment. It also details the eligibility criteria and also other necessary document required to complete the process of citizenship in Bulgarian through investment.
Bulgarian is known to be a very rich cultural country. However, it’s a cultural melting pot with Greek, Slavic, Ottoman, and Persian influences; it has a rich heritage of traditional dance, music, costumes, and crafts.
Benefits of Living in Bulgaria
There are lot of benefits of living in Bulgaria and I’ll highlight a few of them.
- Bulgaria has one of the best healthcare services in the globe. They’ve well-trained specialized, doctors and nurses in their health centres. However, the Bulgarian government urges everyone to pay for health insurance.
- They’ve well-developed transportation system including air, railways, roads, and waterways.
- The cities of Bulgaria are very secured and safe except for the pick-pocket issue some of the individuals living in Bulgaria do encounter in crowded places. Therefore, there are some safety tips and measure you should take while in crowded place.
- Agriculture is another factor that defines Bulgaria. So, they’ve lot of great agricultural produce you’d defiantly love.
- Bulgaria is culturally rich.
- Lot of tourism going on in Bulgaria. So it’s a good destination for tourism.
- Standard of living in Bulgaria is great and the cost of living is relatively low.
- Bulgarian is an urbanized place with lot of commercial activities going on. However, it’s a great place to start-up your own business.
Now you’re aware of the benefits of living in Bulgaria, there are reasons you should go with Bulgarian citizenship by investment compared to other countries out there. Let me quickly highlight some reasons you should choose Bulgaria.
Reasons you should choose Bulgaria?
- In Bulgaria, you can obtain residency between 6-9 months.
- After the period of 2 years, you can obtain citizenship which is a fast track compared to other European countries.
- There’s no language requirements on application
- You don’t need to renounce your current nationality, that is, dual citizenship is allowed
- You get relatively low tax rate and also free trades environment within the EU.
Some interesting topics
- How to Apply for Canadian Green Card Lottery
- How to Obtain Tourist Russia Voucher for Visa Collection
- How to Write Invitation Letter for Business Visa
What are the Benefits you get as a Bulgaria Citizen?
- As a Bulgaria permanent residency or citizen, you get to move freely within the Schengen areas or EU without any form of restriction.
- You also gain access to high quality healthcare services.
- Relatively low tax and also conditional tax exemption on world income.
- You can live, study and work anywhere Within EU and Bulgaria without permits or restrictions.
- As a Bulgaria citizen, you now have the right to vote or create a political career over there and maybe be voted into leadership.
- You get simplified residency rights and lot’s more.
How to Apply for Bulgaria Citizenship by Investment?
To apply for Bulgaria citizenship through investment, you need to first achieve at least one year residency in Bulgaria, then deposit the minimum of BGN 1 million (€512,000) into the Bulgaria government bond program for a period of 5 years. However, you should know that there is no accrued interest for the investment but it’s an investment guaranteed by government bond. After 5 years, you get your capital back.
There are also other financial investments that can be made through European bank to secure your citizenship in Bulgaria.
Eligible criteria & Document requirements
- You must be 18 and above to participate for this program
- You must have maintained permanent residence status for a period of at least 5years
- Make sure you’ve a clean crime record.
- A passport or other travel documents is required
- A passport styled photograph is also required
- Evidence of source of funds is required
- Provide birth certificate if necessary
- Provide marriage certificate if applicable.
I believe at this point, you’ve understood how to apply for Bulgarian citizenship by investment, the eligibility factors and documents needed to process. If you’ve any further question in regards to this topic, please do let me know via comment section.