International students especially students from Africa and Asia continent usually prefer to study in Canada with easy student visa process. This is because Canada still holds the status of having one of the best institutions worldwide. However, being eligible to study in Canada, it’s required you have a study permit for a start.
If your course or program won’t last for more than 6months, there’s no getting the study permit. This case is applicable to vocational studies and related, but if you know your program would last for more than six months, then the study permit is important.
As a full-time student that is registered in an accredited institution, the study permit goes a long way for you. However, it gives you the privilege to work part-time on campus and also work-off campus and interns as part of your program. You can even decide to stay in Canada as permanent resident and get a Job after you must have graduated.
To apply for the Canada study permit, simply visit the official Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website. Once you’re done with that, the next stage is the Canada student visa process and requirements.
Some Useful Contents
- How to Apply for Canada Green Card Lottery
- Quick Guide: How foreigners obtain Canadian Citizenship
- Job opportunities in Canada: How to get Canadian Work Visa
- How to Apply for Australia Visa Lottery
Canada Student Visa Process and Requirements: How to Apply?
Now you’ve successfully gotten your study permit, the process and requirements to acquire the Canada student visa includes;
- Acceptance letter issued by the choice of intuition in Canada. In this stage, you must have applied in an accredited education provider in Canada and received admission letter. Once this is done, you can go to the next stage.
- Next, pay for your tuition fee and receive the receipt for payment. This is another Canada student visa requirement you need to get a Canadian student visa.
- After that, purchase the Guarantee Investment Certificate (GIC). This usually cost Canadian $10,000. It’s a proof of funds that declares you can support your stay in Canada. The student receives his or her first $2,000 CAD on arrival to Canada and then paid $8000 on 12 equal instalments as expenditure for each month. Remember to get your GIC evidence, because it’s a Canada student visa requirement.
- Make sure you undergo medicals through a medical doctor approved by the Canadian government. You can get a list from the CIC website by visiting (http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx). Also, after the medicals, you collect a receipt certifying you’ve gone through medicals. This Canada student visa process would state you’re in good health condition.
- Your visa application form is needed
- Your valid passport and also a photocopy of your biometric data is needed
- Family information form is required
- Use of representative form (IMM 5476) is also needed
- A proof of English Proficiency test is also needed
- Student questionnaire and other academic documents.
Once the above Canada student visa requirements are available, you can apply and get approved to study in Canada. If you encounter any difficulty during the Canada student visa processing, please do let us know via comment section. Don’t forget to also hire ICCRC authorized agent. It’ll help you during the process.