Australia is one of the finest countries to visit globally, especially if you like tourism. On the other hand, there are Australians seeking Canada visas. Many Australians are visiting Canada for many reasons such as education, business, tourism, event, etc. Both countries, Australia and Canada, speak English to interact with Canadians will be easy.
Many people’s biggest mistake is neglecting to get their documents to be eligible to migrate to Canada. It becomes easier for an Australian to travel to Canada if they have a Canadian Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). The essence of the eTA is to make it easier for Australian citizens to visit Canada. Without any further ado, let’s get to see the numerous benefits of the Canadian eTA.
Importance of Canadian Visa for Australians
These are the numerous benefits:
- Long validity period
- Fast online application
- Quick process of migrating to Canada
- No need to visit the Canadian embassy
What is Canada eTA for Australians?
The Canada ETA stands for Electronic Travel Authorization, and it is an online system that offers Australians accessibility to migrate to Canada. Also, if you have the Canada eTA visiting a Canadian embassy will be meaningless and senseless. Some countries don’t need a visa to enter Canada, and Australia is one of those countries. The Canada eTA remains valid for five years from the date of issue until it expires.
Reasons for Canada Visa for Australians
- Easy migration to Canada
- To reside in Canada for more than six months
- To get job employment in Canada
- For business and leisure purposes, etc.
- Requirements of Canada Visa for Australians
Australians preparing to apply for Canada eTA need these documents to get their Canada visa:
- Valid Australian passport
- Passport Photographs
- An authentic email address to get notification
- A debit or credit card to pay for the eTA application fee
How can an Australian citizen apply for the Canada eTA
When applying for the Canada eTA, you must fill out the online application form. Also, your information on the form should be correct because you must fill in personal information, contact information, passport details, etc. Some of this info is:
- First and last name
- Valid passport number
- Marital status
- Valid passport date of issue and expiry date
- Employment history
Inside the form, there is a section for you to fill in info like criminal records (if any), upcoming plans in Canada, medical history, and previous visits to Canada. After filling in these details, you have to cross-check the information to ensure they are correct and there is no error, especially for passport details.
Some Australian citizens have often been given rejections due to inevitable mistakes during their eTA applications. When something like this occurs, you have to start afresh with the application. Before the application is submitted, you will pay a stipulated Canadian eTA application fee to get your eTA approved within 24 hours.
Australian citizens with an approved Canadian eTA will get it linked to their traveler’s Australian passport. The Canada ETA is valid for five years; the passport will expire. You can renew the passport, and it depends if you are applying early to be issued the Canada visa for Australians.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there any need for a Canada visa to migrate to Australia?
- If you are an Australian citizen, you have unrestricted right to enter Australia. The Canadian government has made it eligible for an Australian citizen to access Canada through the Canada eTA.
- If you have no idea about the requirements of Canada eTA, it is advisable to visit their website. The way a Canada visa for Australians will be senseless is when you have a valid visa. Before you arrive in Canada, the visa will be issued to you. Also, the eTA grants only temporary visits.
- How can I apply for Canadian eTA?
- It is simple to apply for a Canadian eTA if you use iVisa. You will need an Australian passport and other vital information to begin your migration to Canada. There is a form you have to fill out either online or offline. When you fill out the form, then you submit it. From there, iVisa will take the application to the Canadian embassy. If it is approved, they will send you an email.
- What is the cost of applying for a Canadian eTA?
- The amount you will pay depends on the online processing fee you will use. Australian citizens who will apply for iVisa will have to pay US$19 for the standard processing. The payment will be online during the application, and it is essential to have a debit card to carry out an online transaction. Also, you can make payments using a PayPal account.
- Is there maximum security during eTA Application?
- When you are applying for a Canada visa for Australians, there are risks involved. It is why the visa application is essential to ensure your information is well secured from thefts or crime. The founder of iVisa uses different resources to protect applicants’ information to remain confidential. If you are lost, you can contact Canada immigration offices in Australia for clarity. iVisa doesn’t offer immigration visas because they are concerned about making your traveling plans easier.
- When will my Canada eTA be ready?
- Well, the availability depends on the service you will be using for the eTA application. iVisa will offer you your eTA within a short time. When you are done with the application, you will get a mail from iVisa within 24 hours to pick up your Canada eTA. Also, getting your eTA within 30 minutes is possible, but you will pay an extra fee to make it fast.
Other Interesting Contents
- Beginners Guide: How to Completely Migrate to Canada
- Study and Work in Canada: Everything You Need to Know
- Who Else Wants to Study in Canada without IELTS
When applying for a Canada visa for Australians, you need to ensure you cover your traveling expenses to fit your international documentation before migrating to Canada. It is preferable to use iVisa to carry out your application.