Denmark student visa is the key for every foreign national to study in Denmark. In other words, if you’re looking forward to complete your basic youth study, higher education, folk high school or PHD studies as a foreign national, it’s advisable you first obtain their student visa.
Speaking of the top universities in the globe, most Denmark institutions falls among the top-notched institution providing students with the happiest life they can every think of. However, after schooling in Denmark, you can always get a high-paying job.
There are few steps required to process Denmark student visa. However, it’s expected that every foreign nationals outside the European Union need to provide certain documents before they can be eligible for the process.
First and foremost, hence you’re migrating to Denmark to study for over a period of 3months, then you’ll need to obtain residence permit for study but If you are a citizen of a EU/EEA country or Switzerland, you do not need to apply for a residence permit.
Requirements and Eligibilities
- Firstly, make sure you’ve been offered admission to choice of institution and print the letter confirming that.
- You must speak and understand certain language and it must be able to understand any one of this language which includes Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, English or German with a reasonable level of proficiency.
- Make sure you validate your place of education and educational programme is approved. However, your educational programme is to be approved by the Danish Evaluation Institute.
- Proofs of financial stability, that is, make sure you have sufficient fund to sustain you throughout your stay in Denmark while studying.
- If you’re below 18years of age, then it’s required that your parent must sign a declaration of consent to allow you to study in Denmark
- Other requirements include valid passport, few copies of passport-styled photograph, birth certificate (if applicable) and application fee.
Other Interesting Articles
How to Apply for Denmark Student Visa
- Firstly, create a case order ID which prompts you to fill in your full name, passport number, email. To create case order, first visit their official page, select the type of education you wish to opt-in for, select “how to apply” and create case order ID.
- After that, you’re required to pay application fee, insert case order ID and validate payment status.
- Next, you’re required to gather every important document to process your application which includes receipt of payment, copy of all pages on passport, previous education enrolment and proof that you can support yourself financially during study.
- Complete the application form online, you’ll also see the ST1 form on their official page as linked on step 1.
- After that, submit your application.
- Lastly, you need to visit the embassy and complete your biometrics and facial captures for your application to be fully processed.
Processing fee for Denmark Student visa
If you’re a citizenship of the EU/EEA, you don’t need to pay the fee. However, the processing fee for Denmark student visa is DKK 1,900.
Processing time for Denmark Student Visa
The normal processing time for Denmark student visa is 2months.
Benefits/Rights of Denmark Residence permit for Study
- Right of residence and also study.
- You will be granted a limited work permit, which means you get to work for up to 20 hours per week during the regular study period (Sept to May) and can work full time through June, July and August.
- You can enrol for internship programmes.
Read also: Apply for High Paying Jobs in Denmark for English Speakers
I guess that will be all for now. If you still experience difficulty processing your visa, please do let me know via comment section and I’ll throw more light or you can always refer to their official immigration portal.