Finland is known to be a highly industrialized country with a mixed economy and high value on gross domestic product. So, obtaining Finland citizenship by investment is never a bad idea, instead, there are a lot of benefits.
One of the biggest advantages of being a Finnish citizen is the fact that they allow dual citizenship, so you don’t need to renounce your previous citizenship. However, the fact that Finland is a European country, you get visa-free movements to other European countries without restrictions.
There are different paths to obtaining Finland citizenship by investment. However, the Finnish government doesn’t offer investments on real estate or bond programs for you to gain citizenship. You’ll need to start up a business as an entrepreneur, pass through some eligibilities, and then cross your path over to Finland citizenship.
Benefits of Finland Citizenship
- You have the right to obtain the Finnish passport
- You can operate on dual citizenship
- You have the right to vote in presidential elections or related
- You’re given EU citizenship rights
- You can travel freely to other EU countries without restrictions.
- You can easily obtain citizenship for your spouse or kids.
Paths to Finland Citizenship by Investment
Of course, starting up a profitable business in Finland is a big investment. Finland has a bright economy and most businesses in Finland progress very well. However, the Finnish government would be glad to grant you residence as a business owner in Finland but you need to meet up certain requirements.
Requirements for a Residence permit for an Entrepreneur
Firstly, you need to apply for a residence permit. After you must have held the residence permit for 4 years, you can apply for permanent residence and then Finland citizenship. Below are the things that are required from you;
- You must become an entrepreneur
- Your business must be a profitable one
- Your business must have a Trade register
- You must have a valid passport
- Make sure that you’ve not been prescribed a prohibition of entry
- You must not be a danger to public order, health or security
How to Apply
Now, to apply for an entrepreneur residence permit, there are certain steps you need to follow. These steps include;
- You need to make sure you’ve meet up with the above requirements
- After that, you’re to gather every required document. Make sure the documents are either in English, Finnish, or Sweden. If it’s not, then you translate.
- After that, fill in your application online or on paper. Usually, I advise people to fill in their application online because they’re processed faster and you can easily track it.
- Next, pay the required processing fee for the application. You can either pay online or through an embassy or immigration service.
- Finally, you book an appointment at the embassy abroad to complete the process.
Processing fee for Entrepreneur residence permit
If you’re applying for the first time, you’re required to pay 490 € for online application or 640 € on a paper application. However, those extending their residence permit need to pay just 260 € for a residence permit extension.
Read also: How to Obtain Finland Permanent Residence ASAP!
Processing time for Entrepreneur Residence Permit
If you’re applying for the first time, the average processing time for the residence permit takes about 5 to 9 months through the online application or 11 to 15 months through a paper application. However, the counting begins after you must’ve visited Finland. Some factors that may influence your processing time include;
- Not filling every part of the application form
- Interview invitation
- Requested exceptions from the requirements
- Conviction of a crime.
The above factors may delay your processing time, although the interview invitation is not your doing, the remaining factor could influence your processing time. However, I would advise you to hire an immigration lawyer in Finland so the above factors don’t limit you.
After you must have obtained the residence permit, you can then live under the entrepreneur residence permit for up to 4 years before you request for Finland permanent residence. Once you’ve lived under the Finland permanent residence for some years, you can then apply for Finland citizenship.
Read also: How to Obtain Finland Student Visa in just a few Steps
I believe at this junction, you understand the paths to Finland’s citizenship by investment. If you’ve any questions in regards to Finland’s citizenship by investment or any other related question, please do let me know via the comment section.