Finland work visa is a major requirement needed if you’re planning to work in Finland for a very long time. However, it’s expected that every foreigner that is a citizen of a country that is not an EU member state and plan on working in Finland for over 90 days is expected to apply for a residence permit for work.
Finland without doubt has one of the biggest economies in Europe and has lot of job opportunities. However, they’re open to accepting foreign workers to feel in most positions in top companies. All you need as a non-EU citizen foreign national is to apply for the Finland work visa or permit and you’re good to go.
How to Apply for Finland Work Visa or Permit
- Firstly, you need to first secure the job. After you must have found a job in Finland, you can move to the next step.
- Next, apply through their e-service portal. On the portal, you will select the nature of work. For instance, if you’re an employee, employed as special expert, seasonal worker, trainee, researcher, AU pair or other type of employment. Simply visit their e-service portal to apply online.
- After you must have submitted your application, next, you visit the Finnish mission abroad or any Finland immigration centre in your region to proof your identity.
- Lastly, your application is processed after the Employment and Economic Development Office has made a partial decision about your application alongside with the Finnish immigration service.
- Once you get your Finland work visa or permit, you can later apply for extended permit.
Requirements and Eligibilities
- You must have a valid passport
- You are not prohibited or restricted from entry to Finland
- Make sure you’re not a danger to a Finland public order or security
- You must not be a danger to public health
- You also make sure you’re not a danger to Finland’s international relation
- Proof of birth certificate if applicable
- Proof of marriage certificate if applicable
- Signed employment contract binding the job offer
- Proof of financial stability
Note: If you’re planning on working in Finland as an entrepreneur, I advise you read my guide on how to obtain Finland citizenship by investment. On the article, I revealed how you can obtain residence permit as an entrepreneur.
Processing fee for Finland work visa or permit
If you’re applying for the first time, you’re required to pay 490 € for online application or 640 € on paper application. However, those extending their residence permit need to pay just 260 € for residence permit extension.
Processing time for Finland Work Visa or Permit
The processing time for residence permit for work takes an average of 4 months after your application is received. However, due to the fact that each application is unique, the processing time may vary.
Completed degree in Finland?
If you completed your degree in Finland, then the process becomes easier but before you apply, make sure that you have a valid employment contract binding the job offer and it’s required you get a job with minimum salary of 1,236 € per month. After that, you follow the above application process to get Finland work visa. However, if you’re still a student and plan on studying in Finland, I advise you go through my article on how to get Finland study permit.
Read also: Full List of Immigration Lawyers and Law firms in Finland
I believe at this junction, you now understand how to apply for Finland work visa or permit. If you’ve any question relating to that, please let me know via comment section and I won’t hesitate to guide you through. Don’t also forget to share this guide with your social friends.