Every young international visitor needs a working holiday USA visa to undertake employment in the country while on a long trip. However, this visa helps to supplement their travel funds which enable them to experience living in a foreign country without undergoing the usual costly expenses of finding work sponsorship in advance or going on expensive university exchange programmes.
To be eligible on getting a working holiday USA visa, there are few criteria on the checklist, this includes,
- Age restriction: You must fall between 18 to 35
- Financial status: You must have enough funds to live while you sought your employment
- Document requirements: There are other important documents you need to get the America working holiday visa.
Once you’ve certified the above checklist, then you can apply. But before I guide you through working holiday USA visa process, let me first state the difference between the working holiday visa and the usual work visa.
What is the difference between working holiday visa and work visa?
Of course, so many people do mix up both terms. You see, the reason the working holiday visa is issued by so many country is the fact that it promotes international exchange. This allows people to travel and also work in a new place but remember, there’s an age restriction to get a working holiday visa which is not applicable in getting a work visa.
Let me give you an instance of a working holiday visa. I might decide to take on a long trip to USA, and such trip, will spend a long period of about 6months. I will need to apply for a working holiday visa. This makes me eligible to work in USA or study in USA while spending a holiday there. So, no need to get a work permit or visa, which would cost me more.
How to apply for a working holiday USA visa?
- Get a suitable sponsor for your trip and once accepted, you will be issued a Form DS-2019 that would be used to apply for your visa.
- Go to the US embassy and proceed payment for visa through the US consulate
- Complete and printout the visa application form
- Go back to the embassy for an interview, with every paperwork and copies of print out
- Declare your proof of funds
- Passport and other usual documents should be declared.
Once you’re done. You should be granted a working holiday America visa. The process is very short and simple unlike the usual work in USA visa. If you need any further assistance, please relate it with me through comment section.