This content enlightens every reader on how to get PR in Australia, how to immigrate and become a permanent residency in Australia and also ways to becoming an Australia citizen.
Australia is a developed country and one of the best countries in the Globe to reside. However, you can become a permanent residency in Australia in just few steps and once granted the permanent visa, you can work and settle in Australia indefinitely. You can also choose to become a citizen of Australia.
Benefits of being a Permanent Residency in Australia
- You’re free to live and settle in any part of Australia
- You can easily become a citizen of Australia
- You can always accompany your family to Australia
- Children are offered free education at certain age
- You get health benefits from the Australian govt.
- No international charges to be levied on study fee unlike temporary residence
- You can also choose to sponsor your family for permanent residence status in Australia
- You also get unrestricted travel within the country
You see, there are so many other benefits attached to being a permanent residency in Australia. So, I’ll guide you on how to get PR in Australia. I’ll briefly highlight the paths and also eligibility on how to get PR in Australia.
What are the Eligibility Criteria to get PR in Australia?
- You must be under the age of 45 years
- Your academy qualifications also matters. So try having a degree that is globally accredited including in Australia
- You must be good in the use of English language and you will need to score minimum of 6 bands in the International English Language Testing System.
- Your medical status must be good, that is, you should be physically and mentally fit
- You must score at least 65 points in their point based selection system
The above listed are their basic eligibility criteria on how to get PR in Australia. However, there are different paths of visa immigration process to get the permanent residency in Australia. Any of which you can easily get an Australian permanent visa.
Paths to get Permanent Residency in Australia
The major path to getting an Australian permanent residency is to have a skilled worker visa. However, there are different types of skilled workers visa in Australia and I’ll briefly explain each of them.
- Australia Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189): The subclass 189 visa also known as the Australia skilled independent visa is an Australian visa given to a skilled worker without sponsorship from the employer, state or territory. However, there are certain eligibility criteria to meet in other to obtain this visa. The visa also lets immigrants to live and work permanently in Australia.
- Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190): In Australia, the skilled nominated visa makes use of the point-based system. However, this visa is granted to a skilled visa applicant by the territory or state through nomination based on certain factors.
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa (subclass 491): This type of visa is given to skilled professional who wish to reside permanently in Australia. They’re granted this visa based on the fact that some regions of Australia are experiencing low population which affects the development of such region. Therefore, Governments associated with these regions of Australia sees value in these professionals and nominates them through the skilled regional visa.
The above paths can get you a permanent residence in Australia. Once you pass the eligibility criteria and also follow any of the above paths, then you can easily apply for a permanent residency in Australia. After a certain amount of time including being a permanent visa holder, you can then apply to become an Australia citizen. Also read about Australia visa lottery.
If you’ve any further question regarding on how to get PR in Australia, immigration process, permanent residency in Australia or any other related question, please do let me know via comment section.