This is a quick tip guide about Ireland immigration and how you can get Ireland permanent residence to be able to live and work in Ireland for as many years as you wish.
Ireland is a very beautiful country to reside with one of the best food produce in the world and incredible culture. However, most foreigners from different part the world especially Asians and Africa continents prefer to settle in Ireland because of her productivity and lots more.
Benefits of becoming a Permanent Residency in Ireland
There are so many benefits of becoming a permanent residency in Ireland which includes;
- Ireland permanent residency is a path to Ireland citizenship once you acquire the Irish passport. However, this is a gateway to EU citizenship as well.
- It opens door for you and your family to enjoy the European citizenship for a lifetime.
- You get benefits of health care and also get same education rights with the Irish citizens.
- You can own a bank account and also get to expand your investment worldwide.
- You also benefit from their low cooperate tax rate.
- Your children get to benefit from their education opportunities.
There are so many other benefits of becoming an Ireland permanent residence, but the above mentioned are the major benefits.
Let me quickly break-down Ireland immigration system, how newcomers can migrate to Ireland before I explain how you can apply for Ireland permanent residence.
Quick tips on Ireland Immigration system
There are different ways to migrate in Ireland. However, it depends on the type of visa you obtain. In this article, I’ll detail users about Ireland study visa and Ireland work visa. Application for visitor’s visa in Ireland is a very simple process; you can get it done online.
Ireland Study Visa
We have two major types of Ireland student visa. However, before you apply for their student visa, you need to first get admitted into their institution. Once you meet up to their criteria and get admitted, the next step is to know the type of student visa to obtain. Ireland student visa includes;
- C type study visa: This type of Ireland study visa is obtained by foreigners who wish to opt-in for program or course that lasts less than three months.
- D type study visa: This type of Ireland study visa is obtained by foreigners who wish to opt-in for program or course that lasts longer than three months.
Depending on the nature of your program, you should know the type of student visa to apply for in Ireland. However, one of the major requirements needed to apply is to provide proof of English language proficiency.
Ireland Work visa
We have two types of Ireland work permit which includes;
- The Irish General Work permit: Every non-EU citizen, meeting the basic requirements, are eligible to apply for this type of work visa. In other words, as long as you have a job offer in Ireland, and you’re a non-EU citizen, then you can be granted the employment permit.
- Critical skills Employment permit: This type of visa can only be obtained by highly skilled professionals on highly skilled occupation list like tech industries etc. However, this is a fast-track to attaining permanent residency in Ireland.
Ireland Permanent Residence
To achieve this, you must’ve lived in Ireland with a work authorization for up to five (5) years. However, once this is achieved, you get the stamp 4 on your passport which is valid for 5 years and renewable.
Unlike other countries, you cannot obtain permanent residency in Ireland with student visa, Intra-company transferee, working holiday visa or refugee status. The only proper way to achieve the Ireland permanent residence is either through their work permit authorization or you are the spouse or dependent of an Irish Permanent Residence holder. Those are the two major ways to get the Ireland permanent residence.
Read also: How to get a Work abroad Visa and Permit in Canada
If you have any other question related to Ireland immigration or how you can easily migrate to ireland, please do let me know via comment section. I won’t hesitate to assist you. Also remember that once you’ve achieved the Ireland permanent residence status, then you can easily apply for Ireland citizenship.