This is an essential guide which details every international visitor on the fast track process to obtain Italian citizenship by marriage. However, I’ll detail you guys on the eligible criteria, requirements, application procedure, and also processing time.
Italy is a European country, this makes it part of the European Union. Obtaining Italian citizenship gives you visa-free access to other Schengen areas. However, one of the ways you can obtain Italian citizenship is through marriage.
There are so many benefits of living or residing permanently in Italy because as an Italian citizen, it means you’re ready to reside permanently in Italy. I’ll be brief on highlighting the few benefits of living in Italy.
Benefits of Living in Italy
- In Italy, the cost of living is relatively low compared to most European countries
- They’ve one of the best practice cultures in the globe
- They make one of the best meals and also the best wines
- Italian citizens are very social and engage in a buzzing nightlife
- The surroundings in Italy is so amazing
- Education over there is relatively affordable and excellent
- Great experience in the transportation system
- They’ve one of the best healthcare centers.
- It’s a very safe place to reside with a low crime rate.
Now you know some of the benefits of living in Italy, let me quickly outline some benefits you get as an Italian citizen. I believe once you read some of these benefits, you can proceed to apply for Italian citizenship by marriage.
Benefits of becoming an Italian citizen
- As an Italian citizen, you get unrestricted access to purchase properties in Italy.
- You also gain legal access to study or work in Italy and other EU countries without the need of work or study permit.
- With your Italian citizenship right, you can transfer citizens to all your children under 18 years of age.
- You gain access to healthcare services at lower cost
- You also gain access to high-quality public education
- As an Italian citizen, you become eligible to vote for the Italian parliament representative in your region
- You also get the freedom of movement to other EU countries
The only problem is residing in Italy is that we’ve few English speakers over there but it’s no big deal because the Italian Language is one of the Easiest Languages to learn.
Other Interesting topics
- Canada Spouse Visa Processing time for all Countries
- How to Apply for Australia Visa Lottery
- How to Write An Invitation Letter for Business Visa
Italian Citizenship by Marriage
Before I brief you through the fast track procedure on how to obtain Italian citizenship by marriage, let me quickly highlight some of the requirements on obtaining Italian citizenship by marriage.
- Hence it’s citizenship obtained through marriage, then the applicant must be bonded to an Italian citizen.
- Before you can apply for Italian citizenship by marriage, you need to be married for at least 2years with an Italian citizen.
- Applicants must show evidence that they’ve not applied for divorce or separation.
- The marriage must be registered with the Italian district.
- Italian passport of spouse and non-Italian passport of applicant alongside state ID
- Proof of residency
- Evidence or “signed declaration” showing that you’re still married
- Marriage transcript
- Birth certificate of both spouse
- Evidence of clean criminal background checks
- Certificate of passing the Italian language test
- Payment receipt for the application.
How to Apply for Italian Citizenship by Marriage
- Firstly, register and create an account on the “ALI” web portal which is available in just the Italian language. Register via https://cittadinanza.dlci.interno.it.
- After that, copy the required documents as outlined in the platform
- Complete process.
- After you must’ve completed the online process, you need to complete the final submission of original documents, the signature of citizenship, and another related process for the citizenship application the consulate.
- Once your application is assessed, you’ll receive a message from the consulate through the web portal. However, once your citizenship is granted, you’ll be invited to the citizenship ceremony.
During the citizenship ceremony, you’ll need to make an oath to finalize your citizenship. Also, make sure that the ceremony needs to take place 6months from when citizenship was being granted.
I believe at this point, you now understand the fast track process of Italian citizenship by marriage. If you’ve any questions related to this topic, please let me know via the comment section, and don’t forget to share this article with your social friends.