The great news is that obtaining a Japan student visa is pretty easy contrary to what many people may have thought. Japan Student VISA is a long term visa which allows you to stay for more than ninety (90) days and even till the completion of your education. People who intend to study in Japan must obtain a Japan student visa which takes up to 5 months to get. The US citizens are exempted from paying the fee for the visa but students of other nationalities may have to pay a fee to the Japanese Consulate.
All those interested in studying in Japan are expected to have internationally recognized English language qualifications such as IELTS, TOEFL, or anyone that suits the position. A minimum GPA score of 6 in IELTS or any language test will give you a chance to study in Japan. Some departments may require a score higher than 6 so make sure you check before applying.
Basic Requirements for Japan Student VISA
These are the following documents that are important for applying for Japan student visa, and here they are:
- Valid International Passport
- Admission letter from the school
- A passport photograph that is not above six months before the visa application
- Certificate of eligibility issued by the Japanese regional immigration
- Academic certificates to show qualifications & result transcripts
- Bank account statement of at least ¥2,000,000
- Tuition or accommodation fee receipt
- Letter of recommendation from your parents or sponsor
- Birth certificate
- Flight itinerary or proof of flight reservation
- A visa application form that has been filled
It is important to note that none of these documents should be stapled together. The documents should be submitted by you to the Japanese embassy.
Read also: 10 Best Engineering Universities in Canada
How to Apply for Japan Student Visa in Nigeria
These are the following procedures:
1. Fill the Application Form:
You need to find a school of your choice to attend that will have the course you are looking for. After knowing this school, you need to obtain a visa application form from the school and fill in the correct details. Therefore, it is left for you to send the application form back to the school.
2. School Submit Form to Immigration Officers:
The school will help you send the application form to the immigration officers. After the immigration officers have reviewed the application form, they will issue you a Certificate of Eligibility. The essence of the certificate is to enable you to apply for the Japan student visa in your country of residence.
3. Submission of Application Form in Nigeria:
Before you will submit the application form, you need to prepare the required documents and carry them along with you to the Japanese embassy between the following days: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday around 8:30 am to 11:30 am. However, you need to submit the visa application form to the embassy yourself.
If your request is being granted, then you need to get yourself ready for the interview. It is better to carry your original documents with you on the day for more clarification and authentication. Don’t forget to dress well since you are going for a formal interview.
Other Interesting Contents
- Here’s a Quick Way to Obtain Sweden Student Visa
- 20 Best Countries for Immigrants to Try Right Now
- Study and Work in Australia: Everything You Need to Know
5. Collection of Passport:
After the visa application form has been processed, you need to pick your documents, passport, and pay the amount for the visa application. If you are too busy to get your passport and documents, you could send someone to help you pick them from the embassy. The person must have a letter of authorization from you.