This charming city located in the heart of New Brunswick has plenty of opportunities for both seasoned professionals and newcomers to the workforce. From healthcare to hospitality, there’s something for everyone here. Whether you’re looking for a change of pace or starting on your career path, Bathurst is the perfect place to build your future. Therefore, let’s dive into what this beautiful city has to offer and discover the top jobs available today.
History of Jobs in Bathurst
The history of jobs in Bathurst goes back many years. In the early days, people worked on farms and in the mills. As the town grew, there were more opportunities for jobs. Today, there are many different types of jobs available in Bathurst. There are jobs in the government and private sectors, as well as in the arts and entertainment industry. Whatever your interests or skills may be, there is likely a job out there that can suit you.
One of the oldest businesses in Bathurst is the Royal Canadian Mint. This company has been around since 1937 and has played a big role in shaping the economy of Bathurst over the years. today, it employs about 100 people at its manufacturing plant and distribution center.
Also, many businesses in Bathurst employ a large number of people. Some of these businesses include TD Bank, Ford Motor Company Canada, McDonald’s Canada, Subway Restaurants Canada Ltd., Indigo Books & Music Inc., and Walmart Canada Ltd. These companies have contributed to making Bathurst an economically successful community.
Read also: Updated Report of Minimum Wage in New Brunswick
Cost of Living and Working in Bathurst
Bathurst has a moderate cost of living, making it an affordable city to live in. The cost of groceries ranged from $30-$50 per week. Housing is also relatively affordable, with a two-bedroom apartment averaging $1,100 per month. It is compared to other Ontario cities, Bathurst has a low cost of living. For example, the average rent for a one-bedroom apartment in Toronto is $1,490 per month.
The job market in Bathurst is strong. There are many jobs available in the city, ranging from entry-level positions to highly skilled ones. According to Statistics Canada, the unemployment rate in Bathurst was 7% as of 2016. This means that there are many vacancies available for workers who want them. The salaries in Bathurst are also high compared to other provinces and cities across Canada. The median salary for workers in Bathurst was $51,500 as of 2016.
Benefits of Working in Bathurst
- Access to Great Amenities: Living in Bathurst allows you easy access to some of the best amenities in Ontario. The city is home to several top-notch restaurants and attractions, as well as world-class healthcare facilities.
- Cultural Scene: Bathurst has a thriving cultural scene that is sure to interest any visitor. The city is home to many renowned museums, theaters, and galleries, making it an ideal place to live and work.
- Diversity: Bathurst is home to a diverse population which makes it a welcoming place for people of all backgrounds. Whether you’re looking for a culturally rich community or exciting opportunities for advancement, Bathurst has something for everyone.
- Job Security: Unlike many other cities, jobs in Bathurst are relatively stable and tend not to be subject to large fluctuations in demand or availability. This means that you can count on finding employment here if you keep your skills up-to-date and your CV polished!
- Friendly Atmosphere: No matter what your professional background may be, odds are good that you will enjoy living and working in Bathurst – thanks largely to its friendly atmosphere!
Read also: Today’s Big Q: Is Canada a Good Place to Live?
Eligible Requirements to Work in Bathurst
- You must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
- You must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle registration.
- You must be able to speak English or French fluently.
- You must be physically fit and able to pass a health screening.
- You must have experience working in a customer service or sales setting.
Skilled Required for Jobs in Bathurst
If you’re looking for a job in Bathurst, you’ll need some skills. Jobs in Bathurst can be found in a variety of industries, so you’ll need to have skills in at least one area. Some common skills required for jobs in Bathurst include:
- Customer service skills
- Computer skills
- Basic business knowledge
- Creative writing skills
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
Read also: Today’s Big Q: Is Professional Services a Good Career Path?
Different Types of Jobs in Bathurst
- Customer Service:
Those who work in customer service roles must be able to handle a lot of communication and interaction with customers. They may be required to provide support over the phone, answer questions online, or help people with their purchase transactions.
- Computers and Technology:
In today’s economy, businesses need to have strong computer skills. This includes being able to use software programs like Excel and Word as well as troubleshooting computer problems.
- Healthcare Jobs
One of the fastest-growing sectors in Bathurst is healthcare. There are many positions available in hospitals and medical offices, including medical assistants, registered nurses, respiratory therapists, pharmacists, and more. If you have experience working with patients or handling medical supplies, this is a great sector to consider.
- Business Jobs
If you want to work in an office environment but don’t have any healthcare experience, business jobs may be a good option for you. There are a variety of positions available in accounting, marketing, customer service, and more. Many businesses are looking for candidates with interpersonal skills and good problem-solving abilities.
- Retail Jobs
Bathurst has a thriving retail sector, with many large and small retailers dotting the city. Retail jobs in Bathurst can be exciting and challenging at the same time. They often require good customer service skills as well as knowledge of fashion and trends. If you have good organizational skills and a passion for fashion, a retail job may be perfect for you.
Read also: Updated List of Work From Home Jobs That Pay Well
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I find employment online?
A: Yes! Many companies offer online applications and interviews, so it’s worth checking out different options before making a decision.
Q: What should I do if I am unemployed or have limited work experience?
A: If you’re unemployed or don’t have much work experience, it’s always important to reach out to career centers or hiring managers in your area to see if they have any openings that would fit your skill set.