Kingston University is a school with a mission to educate its students using effective methods. It is funded by the state and it came out in 1992, it has offered excellent education. During its prime years, Kingston University has made a huge contribution to innovation and research in numerous fields. The school has a broad range of courses located e various schools. Kingston University acceptance rate is 72.5%.
Kingston University students are trained to grow, learn and evolve into professionals in their careers. The school welcomes creativity and innovation to bring ideas into reality. They are recognized for producing leaders occupying key positions in the different parts of the world. Presently, the school still aspires to keep on offering high-quality education to its students while trying to set new milestones.
Highlights of Kingston
- In 1992, became a public University
- Sited in London for over 120 years
- Four different campuses hosting 18,949 students
- Has over 137 undergraduates and 125 postgraduates
- Admits 4,995 students from over 140 countries
- Accommodation for first-year international graduate students
- Accommodation for all undergraduates
Kingston University Campuses
The school has diverse campuses and we will see some of them:
It is the main university campus situated close to the Kingston town center. If you are on this campus, you will study any of the courses such as Civil Engineering, Earth Sciences, Pharmacy, Radiography, Arts, Social Sciences, etc. In 2015, Kingston Students’ Union migrated into the main building. Also, it has a refurbished fitness center.
The Town House was launched in January 2020 and it is situated on the Penrhyn Road Campus. Royal Institute of British Architects designed the flagship six-storey building and it is students, local community, and staff. The building work was done by the Hertfordshire-based Willmott Dixon. It comprises a three-floor academic library, studio theatre, dance studio, etc. The school has gotten nominations for three awards such as the Guardian University Awards, Ribs Sterling Prize, and RIBA London Regional Award.
It is situated on Grange Road and is home to some Kingston students studying Art courses like Arts & Design. It is built on the Northern banks of the Hogsmill River before with was opened in 1939. In March 2020, a £29 million refurbishment of the Mill Street studios and workshops was completed. The regeneration project on the Knight Park campus was shortlisted for a Royal Institute of British Architects.
4 Roehampton Vale
The President of the Royal Academy of Engineering Sir William Barlow opened this campus in 1993. The campus is located on Friars Avenue on the outskirts of Kingston. It is built and completed for the main purpose of Engineering in fields such as mechanical engineering, motor vehicle, automotive, and aerospace. They have facilities like a wind tunnel, a range of vehicles, aeronautical learning resources, a flight simulator, and many others.
Reg Bailey Theatre Complex:
It was a church that was converted into Kingston Drama students’ campus. It has two theatres with sound equipment, three rehearsal rooms, a costume room, a dance studio, etc. The performance studio has a state-of-the-art LED lighting system. Also, it has sound technology and body conditioning.
Kingston University Application Process for International Students
Kingston University has over 3,680 international students from 140 countries. Students from diverse countries can apply through the UCAS portal for undergraduate admissions while the postgraduate students need to use the online college portal. There are country-specific requirements that international students must have: getting through their secondary education in their country. These are the required documents:
- Completed Application form
- CV or resume
- Personal Statements
- English Proficiency tests
- A copy of a valid passport
- Official transcripts from previously attended institutions
Undergraduate Admission at Kingston University
They have different undergraduate courses for students to choose their desired courses. The major courses you will find here are Psychology, Law, Engineering, Forensic, etc. If you at to earn a bachelor’s degree, then you will need to apply via the UCAS portal with an application fee of £20. These are the criteria for Undergraduates:
- Official academic transcripts
- Academic reference
- Personal statement of purpose
- Degree and Diploma certificates
- English proficiency scores
Post Graduate Admission at Kingston University
Kingston University has over 200 Postgraduate courses in diverse disciplines. There are various criteria country-wise while the general admission requirements are always the same. The good thing about applying for admission to the school, you don’t have to pay any application fee. These are the documents you will need to be eligible:
- Degree and Diploma certificates
- Academic reference
- Letters of recommendation
- English proficiency score
- UG degree in the relevant subject
- Statement of purpose
Visa Requirement for International Students
Many international students whose countries are non-members of the European Union or European Economic Area country have to apply via the Tier 4 General visa to be eligible to study a full course at Kingston University. For completing the application process, you need these documents:
- CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies)
- Proof of academic & English qualifications
- Financial documents: Bank statements
- Passport or travel documents
- Letter of consent from parents
The school can boast of influential alumni in various fields:
Film and entertainment
- Ben Barnes, actor and singer
- Jessie Cave, an actress known for her role as Lavender Brown in the Harry Potter film series
- Angie Bowie, American actress born in Cyprus, former wife of David Bowie and mother of Duncan Jones
- John Bratby, artist
- Noor Al Suwaidi, Emirati artist and curator.
- Fiona Banner, artist, Turner Prize nominee
- Eileen Aldridge, artist, and illustrator.
- Zelma Blakely, artist
- Richard Nott, one half of 1989 Designer of the Year winner Workers for Freedom
- Felipe Oliveira Baptista, artistic director of such brands as Lacoste or Kenzo
- Glenda Bailey, former editor-in-chief of Marie-Claire and Harper’s Bazaar
- Caryn Franklin, fashion journalist, broadcaster, writer, director, and producer
- Richard Archer, lead singer of Hard-Fi
- Sandy Denny (did not graduate)
- Eric Clapton, musician (did not graduate).
- Eason Chan, singer (did not graduate)
- Aleksandra Gintrowska, Polish singer and actress
- Kirsty Hayes, British Ambassador to Portugal
- Adel Al Toraifi, Minister of Information and Culture of Saudi Arabia
- Lee Freeman Chief constable of Humberside Police
- Hadia Tajik, Pakistani-Norwegian jurist, journalist, and politician; appointed Minister of Culture, a Member of Parliament for the Labour Party representing Oslo.
- Lawrence Dallaglio, rugby union player, former captain of the English national team
- Graeme Le Saux, footballer
- Gail Emms, badminton player, Commonwealth Gold, and Olympic Silver medallist
- Ed McKeever, Kayak World Champion and Olympic Gold Medallist
Other Interesting Contents
- List of Free Education in Canada
- 20 Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada for International Students
- 6 Best Highly Ranked Universities in Switzerland
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the acceptance rate for Kingston University?
- Kingston University acceptance rate is between 20 to 30%.
- What is the mode of the application process?
- The means or medium to appt is online by filling out the application form, verifying documents, and paying the application fee.