The full form of MPSC is Maharashtra Public Service Commission is a government organization responsible for recruiting individuals for Maharashtra Government departments. If you want to take a job in any government department, you will need to write MPSC to fill positions in deputy collector jobs, engineering jobs, Maharashtra clerical jobs, and many others.
The Maharashtra Public Service Commission set the eligibility for various applicants. The examination has an age limit, physical criteria, and educational qualifications that will make you eligible for the exam. On the 10th of November, 2021, as a result of the lockdown situation, it was disclosed that MPSC candidates will get an extra one-year extension for writing the MPSC examination.
Application for MPSC examination
For you to appear for the MPSC examination, you are expected to fill out the application form whether online or offline, but you will have to follow specific steps here:
Registration of MPSC Examination:
You have to visit their official website https://mpsc.gov.in/ and register your email and phone number. After this, they will send you your login details either by email or message.
Enter the Application form with your details:
Here, you will insert your login details (email id and password) on the MPSC portal. Some of this important information or details to fill in are academic data, contact information, personal data, and many others.
Upload Vital Documents:
After filling in your details, you will upload your documents on the MPSC portal such as scanned photographs, scanned signatures, etc.
Application of Payment:
Here, you will make payment on the MPSC portal to accept your application.
Read also: What No One Tells You About MBBS Full Form
About MPSC Examination
It is a state-level civil service exam organized by the Maharashtra Public Service Commission. The major aim is to admit good applicants for both state and subordinate services. They have a calendar for their examination. As a result of high-level competitiveness, they recruit the best candidates. In 2022, they have numerous recruitment examinations such as Maharashtra Subordinate Services Exam, MPSC Forest Services, State Services Exam, and Maharashtra Technical Service Joint Exam,
The preliminary examination has two papers, the first has 200 marks, but you will need to answer 150 questions and the second paper goes for 200 marks making it a total of 80 questions. MPSC 2022 comprises six papers with each having their marks, and they have a time duration. The paper will be available in two different languages – English and Marathi. This is the exam timetable for 2022:
- Maharashtra PSC Exam Recruitment Notification 2022
- MPSC Notification Release 18 February 2022
- MPSC Online Application Start Date 21 February 2022
- MPSC Online Application End Date 14 March 2022
- MPSC Admit Card Release Date April 2022
- MPSC State Services Prelims Exam Date 30 April 2022
- MPSC State Services Mains Exam Date yet to be announced
What is the Application Fee for MPSC Examination?
Applicants need to crosscheck the application fee for the MPSC examination for each of the categories. You can only make payment online and the application fee is nonrefundable. You should keep your payment printout. These are the payment for each of the categories:
- General category INR – 394
- Other Backward Class (OBC) category – INR 297
- Scheduled Cast (SC) / Schedule Tribe (ST) – INR 297
- PWD category INR – 297
Eligibility for MPSC Examination
MPSC has its eligibilities that they use to evaluate their applicants:
- Applicants should be a Permanent Residence of India
- Applicants must be fluent both in speaking and writing in the Marathi language
- Applicants must fit the requisite certifying evaluation to write the MPSC examination, etc.
Read also: Study and Work in Canada: Everything You Need to Know
What is the Age Limit for MPSC Examination?
The age limit for the MPSC examination is:
- For basic classification, the optimum age limit is 38 years.
- The minimal age limitation for MPSC is 19 years.
- For handicapped individuals, the minimal age limitation is 19 years, while the optimum age is 45 years.
- For Backward Classes, the minimum age limitation is 19 years, while the optimum is 43 years.
- For ex-servicemen, the minimum age limit is 43 years, while for the backward courses the optimum limitation is 48.
- For qualified gamers, the minimum age limitation is 19, while the optimum age limit is 43 years.
Educational Qualifications for MPSC Examination
Besides the age requirement for the MPSC examination, you need to meet the educational qualifications:
- Applicants should possess a bachelor’s degree from a reputable university
- High proficiency level in Marathi language either speaking, writing, reading, or listening.
- Some subject-based abilities which are mandatory for the MPSC examination
Is there any way to appear for MPSC Examination?
- Check the official website for advertisements in local newspapers, employment news, etc.
- Purchase the examination application form in your area. You can get the application form from a nearby Head Post Office. If you buy the form, they will give you an MPSC examination information brochure with other requisite forms.
- Fill your information on the form with the right details before submitting it to the Head Post Office.
- 15 days before you will write the MPSC examination, you will get information on the examination center like the date, and time.
Salary Structure for MPSC
Maharashtra Public Service Commission offers different salary structures. As a result of different posts, the salaries vary for each post. After they have included the perks and allowances fall between INR 38,600 to 122,800 per month. Employers can enjoy different bonuses like medical benefits, pension schemes, dearness allowance, travel allowance, etc.
Other Interesting Contents
- Top List of Services that Offers Coaching for Interviews
- What The Heck is the Difference Between MPhil and Ph.D.?
- Samples of Scholarship Interview Questions and Answers
MPSC is Maharashtra Public Service Commission that has its requirement, application process, educational qualifications, and salary structures for its employees. You will need to take your time to ensure you avoid any mistakes during its application.