Northeastern University is a top-ranked research university with an international reputation for academic excellence. Located in Boston, Massachusetts, Northeastern is a leading destination for transfer students from around the world. In 2019, the university welcomed more than 1,700 transfer students to its undergraduate programs.
History of Northeastern University
Northeastern University was founded in 1898 as a private research university in Boston, Massachusetts. The school was created in response to the growing need for higher education in the city. Northeastern is a Transfer-Friendly school, which means that they accept a large number of transfer students each year. In 2019, the university welcomed more than 1,700 transfer students to its undergraduate programs. The school has a long history of academic excellence, and its reputation continues to grow today.
Read also: List of Top Medical Schools in Massachusetts
Reasons to Choose Study at Northeastern University?
These are reasons why you should consider transferring to Northeastern University:
- International Reputation for Academic Excellence:
Northeastern is one of the world’s leading research universities, with an international reputation for academic excellence. The university is home to renowned faculty members and offers a rigorous academic experience.
- Top Destination for Transfer Students:
Northeastern is a top destination for transfer students from around the world. The university’s transfer admission rate is highly competitive, and it welcomes transfer students from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences.
- Vibrant and Diverse Community:
Northeastern is home to a vibrant and diverse community of students, faculty, and staff. The university offers a supportive and inclusive environment where everyone can thrive.
- Excellent Location:
Northeastern is located in Boston, Massachusetts, one of the world’s most vibrant and exciting cities. The university offers easy access to all the city has to offer, including world-class museums, restaurants, and cultural attractions.
Application Process for Northeastern University
The application process for Northeastern University is designed to be straightforward to complete. The first step is to submit an online application, which can be done through the university’s website. Once you have submitted your application, you will need to provide transcripts and other supporting documents.
However, these will be used to evaluate your academic qualifications and determine whether you are eligible for admission. After your application has been reviewed, you will be notified of the admissions decision. If you are accepted, you will be able to enroll in classes and begin your studies at Northeastern University.
How to Stand a Chance of Getting Admission
- Start your application early. The earlier you submit your application, the better your chances of getting admission.
- Get good grades. Northeastern is looking for students with strong academic records. Make sure you get good grades in your courses and earn strong recommendations from your instructors.
- Demonstrate your interest. Show Northeastern that you’re interested in attending their school by visiting campus, attending events, and talking to admissions counselors.
- Be involved in extracurricular activities. Northeastern wants to see that you’re well-rounded and involved in activities outside of the classroom. Get involved in clubs, sports, and other extracurriculars to show that you’re a well-rounded student.
- Write a strong personal statement. Your statement is your opportunity to sell yourself to Northeastern’s admissions committee. Make sure you write a strong, compelling essay that shows why you would be a great fit for the school.
Undergraduate Requirements for Northeastern University
To be considered for admission to Northeastern University, transfer applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 24 college-level credits (excluding AP/IB/CLEP)
- Earn a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Submit an official transcript from each college or university attended
- Submit an official high school transcript
- Submit SAT or ACT scores (if applicable)
In addition to the above requirements, transfer applicants are also encouraged to submit a letter of recommendation and a personal statement. For more information on the transfer admission process, please visit the Northeastern University website.
Read also: Guide to Study MBA in Canada Without GMAT
Postgraduate Requirements for Northeastern University
Northeastern University welcomes transfer students from around the world to its undergraduate programs. To be eligible for admission, transfer students must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum of 24 college-level credits earned
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Good standing at their current institution
- Completion of the following courses: English Composition, College Algebra, and Introductory Psychology or Sociology
In addition to the above requirements, transfer students must also submit an official transcript, a personal essay, and a letter of recommendation. For more information on the admissions process, please visit the Northeastern University website.
Northeastern University Tuition Fee
The university’s tuition fee for transfer students is very competitive, and the school offers a variety of financial aid options to help make college affordable. For example, the school’s Transfer Merit Scholarship provides up to $10,000 per year for eligible transfer students.
Additionally, Northeastern offers some need-based scholarships and grants to help cover the cost of tuition. Northeastern also offers a variety of payment plans to make paying for college more manageable. For instance, the school’s interest-free monthly payment plan allows students to spread their tuition payments throughout the semester.
Notable Alumni at Northeastern University
The university has produced many notable alumni who have gone on to successful careers in a variety of fields. Some of the most notable alumni include:
- Bill Gates (co-founder of Microsoft)
- John F. Kennedy (35th President of the United States)
- Mark Zuckerberg (co-founder and CEO of Facebook)
- Jeff Bezos (founder and CEO of Amazon)
- Jimmy Fallon (television host)
- Conan O’Brien (television host)
- Mindy Kaling (actress and comedian)
Other Interesting Contents
- List of Belgium Scholarship for International Students
- [Answered] What are the Band Requirements for Australia Visa?
- Lester B Pearson Scholarship and Requirements
Frequently Asked Questions
- How difficult is it to transfer to Northeastern University?
- Northeastern is a competitive university, but we welcome transfer students from all over the world. In 2019, we accepted more than 1,700 transfer students to our undergraduate programs.
- How do I apply as a transfer student?
- You can find all the information you need to apply as a transfer student on our website. We encourage you to start your application as early as possible so that you have plenty of time to gather all the required materials.
- What are the requirements for transferring to Northeastern University?
- To be eligible to transfer to Northeastern, you must have completed at least 24 college-level credits at another institution. You must also have a minimum GPA of 2.5 and meet all other admission requirements. For more information, please consult our website or contact our Admission Office.