There have been times people were demanding for Luxembourg permanent residency, because of her good standard of living. Getting this permanent residency has its rules for anyone demanding a permanent stay in Luxembourg. Since Luxembourg is a trilingual country, it will benefit people who are from the following countries such as Anglophone, Francophone, and the Germans. This implies such an individual can be able to carry out his or her business transactions without any barrier.
European citizens can also apply for this Luxembourg permanent residency if they have an interest in having it. There’s nothing that can hinder them from getting this visa, exception of not having the complete requirements documents to process the permanent residency. It is essential to note for anyone who wants to apply must do it through the Immigration Directorate of the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs. This body is fully in charge of issuing a permanent residency to any candidate or applicant.
What is a Luxembourg Permanent Residency?
This is a type of residency which permits immigrants from different countries or continents to reside in a particular country on a permanent basis. This period can last till infinity depending on how long the foreigner wants to stay in that country. Therefore, with Luxembourg residency, any migrants can reside in Luxembourg as a permanent citizen. Anyone who wants this kind of residency must have stayed in Luxembourg for nothing less than 5 years continuously.
There are factors that can alter this 5 years rule of staying in a certain country to obtain a permanent residency permit in a country. For instance, an individual has been living in Luxembourg for 3 years. Within these three years, the person has traveled to his homeland for one reason which is best known to him. This can act as an obstacle between one and his or her permanent residency, and other factors are illness, childbirth, professional training, etc.
Conditions that can kick against 5 Years Principle
The following conditions are necessary if one wants to obtain a permanent residency before 5 years and here they are:
- Permanent inability to work as self-employed due to one impediment or the other. This goes hand-to-hand in as much the person has lived in Luxembourg for at least two years. This can be considered as one of the conditions to obtain a permanent residency.
- Getting to age of retirement as a self-employed or under a foreign employer in another country which belongs to a European Union for a year, and has been residing in Luxembourg for the previous 3 years.
- Maybe, a citizen has been working in Luxembourg for straight 3 years. Then he or she gets a new job in another country that’s still part of the European Union. In as much, he or she is still a resident of Luxembourg, and still enter into the country once in a week. This is another factor or condition to counter the 5-year rule of obtaining a permanent residency.
Other Interesting Contents
- Here’s a Quick Way to Obtain Luxembourg Student Visa
- How to Get Residence Permit in Germany without Stress
- Quick tips: 5 Proven Ways to Easily Migrate to Canada
Procedure for Applying for a Luxembourg Permanent Residency
These are the steps to follow when applying for this permanent residency:
- Written application to one’s country of residency
- Downloading of the application form
- Translation of documents into German or French language.
- Submission of original documents
- Documents must be well stamped
Important Documents for Luxembourg Permanent Residency
These following documents should be made available:
- International passport
- Certificate of birth
- A brief biography of the applicant
- Original passport photographs
- Proof of Luxembourgish language test
- Evidence of attending civic instruction classes.
Luxembourg permanent residency is important to have in order to make one a permanent residence who want to invest his or her wealth or start a business in Luxembourg. This is like the surest thing to have in order to have a long-lasting residence.