The Queen Mary University of London has a strong reputation that is built on four founding institutions like Queen Mary College, St. Bartholomew’s Hospital Medical College, London Hospital Medical College, and Westfield College. The school can be traced to 1785 before it was transitioned to a public research university. Queen Mary University of London’s acceptance rate should be the major thing to consider when searching for admission.
The school has different research collaborations with both indigenous and international universities and one of them is the Turtle Conservation in Cape Verde. Also, it has the largest environmental citizen science project you will find in Cape Verde to date. The school contributes to London’s diverse artistic and cultural communities. Many cultural activities are supported by its commitment to social justice which is central to the Queen Mary University of London.
Brief Facts About Queen Mary University of London
- The school has two intake seasons – January and September
- Graduate deadlines for international students are September 3 &10 for indigenous applications.
- Undergraduate applications are done via UCAS and Postgraduate via the university’s online portal.
- Indian applicants demand 75% in HS from CBSE/state board or 60% from the state or central boards for foundational programs.
- PTE, TOEFL, Cambridge, and IELTS are accepted for English proficiency.
- Personal and Resume form an integral part of the admission documents.
Read also: List of Universities to Study in the UK Without IELTS
Courses Offered at Queen Mary University of London
The Queen Mary University of London has over 240-degree programs that cut across three academic faculties in major fields such as Social Sciences, Humanities, Medicine, and Engineering. International students have the option to purchase any course from over 32 doctoral degrees, 130 Undergraduate degrees, and 290 master’s degree programs. These courses are divided into Foundation, and Pre-Master’s Programs
These are courses-specific pathway programs that offer English language and academic preparation to international and European Union students. These courses are under the programs offering aid to students to advance in their first year of undergraduate studies. It is for students who don’t have the eligibility criteria to undergo any Undergraduate programs.
These programs offer course-specific pathway programs to European and international Master’s aspirants. It is suitable for students without the university admission criteria. These courses impart knowledge and improve the learning skills of students.
What is the Visa Process for International Students?
Enrolled students in this school have to apply for a Tier 4 general student visa for the United Kingdom on getting admission into the university. Therefore, students need to:
- Complete the CAS request form
- The institution offers the CAS statement post verification
- The candidate will fill the visa
- Payment of application fee
- Book an appointment for a visa interview
Essential Documents for the Interview
- Official academic transcripts
- CAS statement
- English proficiency test
- Financial guarantee proof
- Passport photographs
Read also: University of Oxford Acceptance Rate for International Students
Queen Mary International Student Admissions
The Queen Mary University of London admits students from over 162 countries across the globe. It should be noted that 39% of its students are non-European residents. The school has a general admission requirement as country-specific admission requirements for candidates of international origin.
UCAS is the school admission portal for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate applications. The application fee is £18 for the UCAS portal and there is no fee for postgraduate courses. The basic documents for the school admission are academic transcripts, curriculum vitae, proof of the financial statement, personal statement, and ATAS certificate.
Steps to Apply at Queen Mary University of London
These are the steps to follow if you are searching for admission into this university:
- Select a program or course from the university program finder
- Register on the portal and then log in to the portal
- You will fill out the application form
- Upload your supporting documents like transcripts, CV, personal statement, etc.
- Make the application fee payment
- Submit the application form and either wait for the acceptance letter or track your application on the UCAS track.
Undergraduate Admission for Queen Mary University of London
It is an international institution offering diverse courses of Undergraduate degrees in fields like Science, Social Sciences, Humanities, Engineering, Dentistry, and Medicine. These are the application details for Undergraduate applicants wanting to get admission into the institution.
The application portal is the UCAS application system, and the application fee is £20 for one choice and £26 for multiple choice. Applicants must have the requirements to be eligible for admission into the school.
Documents for Undergraduate Admission
- Completed Application
- Academic requirements
- Official Class 12 Transcripts in English translations
- Statement of Purpose
- Minimum A’s and B’s Levels as per the program
- Letter of recommendation from either professional, adviser, or teacher
- Financial account statement
- International applicants must have English language scores (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo)
Graduate Admission for Queen Mary University of London
The university has Postgraduate courses for graduate students like M.Sc, MBA, MPhil, MAsc, etc. You will need to get an Undergraduate degree to run a graduate degree program. The school has two graduate degrees:
- Taught Degrees (MSc/MA; 1 year):
For you to enter into this Master’s degree, you must obtain an undergraduate degree with 60% or an equivalent score from a reputable organization.
- Research Degrees (MPhil/Ph.D., 3 years):
For gaining admission into Postgraduate research degree programs, applicants should have gotten PG Degree with 60% from a reputable institution. Some departments might feel the need to admit students with an undergraduate degree of 60% or equivalent.
Documents for Postgraduate Admission
- Application fee
- Language proficiency test in IELTS or TOEFL
- Statement of purpose
- Academic Transcripts
- Work experience
Notable Alumni from Queen Mary University of London
- Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden)
- Sir Peter Mansfield (Nobel Laureate, Physiology or Medicine)
- Bill O’Reilly (Television presenter and political commentator)
- G. Ballard (Author)
- Graham Chapman (Comedian and actor, Monty Python)
Other Interesting Contents
- London School of Economics Acceptance Rate
- List of Affordable Universities in Canada
- How to get Permanent Residence in UK and Immigration Visa
Queen Mary University of London Scholarships
AcerGAMSAT Medicine Scholarship:
AcerGAMSAT is proud to offer students studying medicine at the Queen Mary University of London the opportunity to have part or all their tuition fees paid for. This is open to all medical students and they do not have to take the GAMSAT to be eligible.
ANID (Becas Chile):
Queen Mary part-funds several awards in conjunction with ANID (National Agency for Research and Development). This scholarship is available to Master’s and Ph.D. applicants from Chile, in any subject.
Associate Alumni Bursary:
Queen Mary offers students who have studied as an Associate Student (Study Abroad, Erasmus, or International Exchange student) a 20% reduction on tuition fees when returning for a postgraduate taught program in Humanities or Social Sciences.