Rajiv Gandhi University is a university in India where students can study at a very low cost. In addition to the low tuition, there are many other benefits of studying at Rajiv Gandhi University: it is highly accessible and easily navigable; the campus is beautiful and has lush green landscaping; there is great connectivity on campus and well-preserved buildings that are typically full of history.
History of Rajiv Gandhi University
Rajiv Gandhi University was founded in 1984 by the then Prime Minister of India, Rajiv Gandhi. The university is named after him and is located in Mysore, Karnataka. Initially, the university offered undergraduate degrees in arts, sciences, and commerce. In 2006, the university began offering postgraduate degrees in diverse fields such as law, management, and education.
The Rajiv Gandhi University has been rated among the best universities in India by several agencies including the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) and the Business Standard newspaper. Additionally, Rajiv Gandhi University has been awarded an “A” grade by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) for 2018-19.
Rajiv Gandhi University has a student population of over 30,000 students from all over India and abroad. It has a rich tradition of academic excellence with many renowned alumni including several members of parliament and CEOs of leading companies.
Read also: List of Top Engineering Colleges in Bangalore
Benefits of Studying at Rajiv Gandhi University
- World-class Facilities:
Rajiv Gandhi University is home to some of the best academic facilities in the country. Our campuses are equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure, which includes top-of-the-line classrooms, laboratories, and libraries. This allows us to offer our students an outstanding educational experience.
- Excellent Faculty:
Rajiv Gandhi University is home to talented and experienced faculty members who are dedicated to teaching and research. They are experts in their fields and can provide valuable guidance and support to students during their studies.
- Wide Range of Courses:
Rajiv Gandhi University offers a wide range of courses that appeal to different interests and backgrounds. This makes it easy for students to find the course that is right for them and explore their interests further.
- Strong Network of Friends:
At Rajiv Gandhi University, students become close friends as they share experiences and learn from each other during their time together in school. This strong network supports students when needed and helps them get ahead in life after graduation.
Eligible Criteria for Admission into Rajiv Gandhi University
- You must have achieved a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in your undergraduate studies.
- You must have an excellent academic record, with at least 50% marks in all subjects.
- You must pass an entrance test, which may include an English language test and an essay question.
- As a Non-national of India, you must score at least 45% in either the General or the O Level examinations to be eligible for admission into RGU.
Read also: List of Top MBA Colleges in Bangalore to Consider
Undergraduate Courses Offered at Rajiv Gandhi University
Rajiv Gandhi University (RGU) offers undergraduate courses in a wide range of disciplines. The following are some of the most popular undergraduate courses offered at RGU:
- Biology: This course provides students with a basic understanding of the structure and function of living organisms.
- Computer Science: In this course, students learn how to design, implement, and analyze computer programs.
- Economics: This course covers topics such as microeconomics, macroeconomics, and economic principles.
- English: This course provides students with an introduction to language skills, literature, and linguistics.
- Environment Studies: This course introduces students to environmental issues and their impact on society.
- History: This course covers topics such as Indian history and politics, European history and colonialism, and world history.
Postgraduate Courses Offered at Rajiv Gandhi University
Rajiv Gandhi University offers a wide range of postgraduate courses in various fields of study. These courses are available in both traditional and online formats. The following is a list of some of the most popular postgraduate courses offered at Rajiv Gandhi University:
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA)
- Master’s in Information Technology (MIT)
- Master’s in Journalism and Mass Communication (MJMC)
- Master’s in Political Science (MPS)
- Master’s in Psychology (MPY)
- Doctoral degree programs include:
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)- Health Sciences
- Doctor of Philosophy- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Doctor of Philosophy- Science
Read also: Undergraduate VS Postgraduate: What Difference Does it Make?
Application Process into Rajiv Gandhi University
Rajiv Gandhi University has an application process that can be divided into two phases- the Online Application and the Offline Application.
The Online Application is first of all a registration process where the students have to create a username and password. After that, they have to fill in the application form and attach their scanned copies of certificates, mark sheets, and other relevant documents. In case of any difficulties in uploading documents, the students can also mail them to [email protected] The submission deadline for online applications is November 30th.
The Offline Application process starts once the online application is submitted. The first step is to register for an online appointment at the university website. After that, the Students will have to visit the Rajiv Gandhi University campus and submit their offline applications along with all required documents (such as a school leaving certificate or admission card). The Offline Appointments start on January 6th and last until February 28th.
Notable Alumni at Rajiv Gandhi University
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, Former President of India and Missile Man of India
- Mr. Subramaniam Swamy, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) National General Secretary and Member of Parliament from Kolar district in Karnataka
- Padma Vibhushan Dr. Shiv Shankar Menon, Former Defence Minister of India
- Mr. Anand Mahindra, Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) Mahindra Group
- Ms. Laxmi Chaudhary, Chairperson National Committee on Women’s Development
- Smt Aruna Roy, Activist, and Writer
- Shashi Tharoor, Indian Minister for Human Resource Development
Read also: The Best BTech Colleges in Delhi for Your Career Path
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How many students are enrolled at RGU?
A: As of Fall 2016, RGU had approximately 29,000 students enrolled across its undergraduate and graduate programs.
Q: What kind of facilities does RGU offer its students?
A: RGU has a wide range of facilities available to its students including libraries, sports complexes, and residence halls. In addition to these physical amenities, RGU also offers several student services such as counseling services and financial aid options.
Q: How much does it cost to study at Rajiv Gandhi University?
A: The tuition fee for undergraduate programs at RGU ranges from Rs 6 lakh to Rs 10 lakh per year while fees for postgraduate programs range from Rs 8 lakh to Rs 12 lakh per year. There are also various other costs associated with studying such as room and board, books and supplies, transportation, etc.