There are different scholarships in the Philippines and since education is like an investment, most students are searching for scholarships that will give them the privilege to afford this valuable investment. Studying involves lots of expenses that require you to be financially buoyant to afford things, such as books, transportation, feeding, accommodation, tuition, etc. It is the reason scholarships in the Philippines help to cut down large expenses.
The Philippines is a serene country filled with different cultures such as Spanish, Filipino, Malay, American influences, etc. Besides having attractive site destinations, they have one of the renowned educational systems in Asia that offer high-quality education at affordable rates. According to statistics, over 5,000 international students from different parts of the globe migrate to find scholarships in the Philippines.
Why Study in the Philippines?
There are different reasons to study in the Philippines, and lots of foreign students have seen the need of relocating to the country to pursue their dream courses. In the Philippines, they use the same language for medium of instruction and business. Therefore, Anglophone students won’t find it hard adapting to the country since the English language is their official language. In the country, 90% of its citizens can speak and understand the English language
In Asia, they happen to be the highest speaking English country. As a result of this, they have thousands of international students seeking scholarships in the Philippines. They have high-quality education that will make international students highly skilled in their careers. Some reasons to study in the Philippines:
English as Official Language:
The English language is the second official language in the Philippines and it is amongst one of the top English-speaking countries in the world. Most institutions in the country use the English language as the language for teaching command.
Affordable Cost of Living:
Besides having bg quality education, international students can have an affordable lifestyle of living by spending less money in different areas such as feeding, accommodation, clothing, transportation, medical bills, and many others.
The Filipinos are friendly and hospitable people which makes it easier for foreign students to mix up rapidly. It is possible to make new friends easily and learn about other cultures with time. There are some Filipinos that could end up acting like your family and invite you over to their house for either lunch or dinner.
Safe and Secure Environment:
The country has proven to have CCTV cameras to ensure there is a high level of security in different areas of the country especially campuses. International students don’t have to panic about any criminal activities because they are in a safe hand.
Attractive Tourist Sites:
The country can boast of beautiful and historic sites. Also, there are over 7,107 islands in the country and it has led to foreigners using it as a side attraction to learn one or two things about nature.
Read also: Today’s Big Q: Why Study in Canada?
Scholarships in the Philippines
These are the various Scholarships in the Philippines:
The CHED scholarship is one of the scholarships in the Philippines, and the full meaning is Commission on Higher Education (CHED). They have both scholarships and grants for students who want financial assistance. There are lots of financial benefits for private colleges, and universities.
Qualifications for CHED Scholarship
Here they are:
- Must have been enrolled in either a renowned private Higher Education Institution, State Universities, accredited local universities, Certificates of Program Compliance, etc.
- Applicants must have been involved in one government financial assistance program
- Filipino citizens who have graduated from high school
- Academic documents
- Income documents such as Certificate of Tax Exemption, Latest ITR of parents or guardians, Certificate of Indigency, the latest copy of contract or proof of income for children of OFWs, etc.
The Department of Science and Technology Scholarship is for students who are after a career in Science and Technology. The scholarship has total benefits of PHP 80,000 – PHP 120,000 per year.
Qualifications for DOST Scholarship:
Here they are:
- Applicants must be good in health and have good character
- Applicants must not possess any post-secondary units
- Filipino citizens by birth
- Must be successful candidates of the S&T scholarship examination
- Personal information
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- Certificate of Good Health
- Applicant’s Certification
- Certificate of Residency
- Parent’s Certification
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate
It is one of the Scholarships in the Philippines recognized as the Government Service Insurance System. The scholarship for Filipino students is also regarded as GSIS Educational Subsidy Program, and the total benefits for GSIS scholarship are PHP10,000
Qualifications for GSIS Scholarship:
Here they are:
- Grantees must be college students at any level either within a five or four-year course enrolled in a recognized CHED institution without having a scholarship either private or public school.
- Parents have permanently employed with a salary of grade 24 or below
- Have no withstand loan for more than three months
- Certificate of registration of grades
- Student’s birth certificate
- Certificate of service record or employment
- A food grade of at least 80% score
The Landbank scholarship is one of the outstanding scholarships in the Philippines created by the Association of Development Financing Institution in Asia and other Pacific areas. It has scholarship benefits such as thesis funding, book allowance, full tuition funding, licensure examination subsidy, etc.
Qualifications for Landbank Scholarship:
Here they are:
- Freshmen should have a GWA that is not lower than 85
- Filipino citizens
- Must have been screened by the partnering universities
- Must not have any association with any financial scholarship or grants from other external sources.
- Medical certificate
- Passport Photographs
- Certified copies of grades
- Photocopy of previous ITR of parents or BIR Certificate of tax exemption
Megaworld Foundation Scholarship:
The Megaworld Foundation scholarship is part of the scholarships in the Philippines and it commenced in 1999 to help students perform well academically. Those who become among the successful students are eligible for things such as yearly allowance, full tuition fee, opportunity to work in any Megaworld Foundation either as subsidiaries or affiliates.
Qualifications for Megaworld Foundation Scholarship
Here they are:
- An average score of 85%
- Letter of admission
- Certificate of enrollment
- NBI Clearance
- Utility bills such as internet, water, and electricity
- Income Tax Return
Other Interesting Contents
- Top 20 Low GPA Colleges that Accepts 2.0 – 2.9 GPA
- List of Top Law Universities in Canada to Consider
- Top Universities for MS in Computer Science in the USA
Scholarship in the Philippines has opened lots of opportunities for international students across the globe. You can register for any of the scholarships in this article, and get more funds to further your education.