Do you know there are different rules that can be used to obtain a Sweden work visa, and this depends on the candidate country of residence? In addition to this, the method used by a South African citizen is going to be different from the one that is being used by a Finland citizen. The important thing is to get the required documents that will be demanded from you during the application process of the Sweden work visa.
It is mandatory for anyone who wants this visa to apply for a Sweden work permit, except he or she is from one of these Scandinavian countries. At times, the process of getting this visa can be frustrating, especially when the applicant doesn’t know the right steps to follow. No wonder information is a key to enlighten one from every form of ignorance on his or her pathway in achieving success in all ramifications of life.
Types of Residency Permit for a Sweden Work Visa
Sweden has her own permit foreigners can use to stay in the country and also work there peacefully. We are going to see the three different permits for a Sweden work visa:
- Temporary Residency Permit
- Permanent Residency Permit
1. Temporary Residency Permit:
This type of residency permit allows a foreign individual to reside and also get a job in Sweden working under any employer. One key thing to note is only on a temporary basis such a person using this visa can work in Sweden. When once this permit expires, it can be renewed every year. The only thing that will hinder it from being renewed is when the applicant changes employer.
Required Documents for Temporary Residency Permit
The following are needed from a citizen whose country of residence is not a member of the European Nations, and here they are:
- An international passport
- A Swedish job employment contract
- Evidence of medical and life insurance
- Monthly remuneration offering
2. Permanent Residency Permit:
This permit allows one to reside or stay permanently in Sweden, while working for different employers over there. European citizens can get a Sweden permanent residency permit without any stress because their country of residence is a member of European Nations. The edge this type of residency permit has over a temporary residency permit is based on the fact one does not have to renew it because it has no expiring date that is being attached to it.
Required Documents for Permanent Residency Permit
It is quite easy to get it as a European citizen who has lived in Sweden for 5 good years continuously. For those whose country is not from Europe must possess these things:
- Valid residence permit for five years
- Evidence of staying in Sweden for five years
- A financial history of supporting themselves and family.
Eligibility/Conditions for Sweden Work Visa
A candidate must meet all these conditions before he or she travels to Sweden, and here they are:
- Be a traveler with a genuine intention of going to Sweden to work.
- Have sufficient funds to cater to him or her.
- Availability of strong ties with his or her country of residence to make him or her return.
- Clean historical records with the police when it comes to crime.
- Good medical history showing he or she is deemed fit to travel with no infirmities or diseases.
Processing fees for Sweden Work Visa
The application fee for Sweden work permit for employees is approximately SEK 2,000 and same price for extension of work permit. However, there’s a special fee of SEK 1,500 for certain occupation which includes performer, AU pair, Athletics, coach, working holiday visa, researcher, trainee and volunteers. Application for family members of persons holding work permit also goes for SEK 1,500.
Other Interesting Contents
- How to Write an Invitation Letter for Business Visa
- Who Wants Norway Citizenship by Employment?
- Canada Visa Lottery: All You Need to Know
Processing time for Sweden Work Visa
The processing time for Sweden work visa takes an average of 2 months after application is being reviewed. Normally, it takes 10 to 20 business days to be processed on quick decision. For application that needs supplementing or additional investigation can take as long as 6 months to be processed.