The trucking industry in Canada is booming because there is a huge demand for experienced truck drivers. The Canadian government is searching for truck drivers that will work in their country but you need to fit the role. Heavy truck driver jobs are becoming very challenging occupations because these drivers can travel across Canada without making any extra payment.
The job offers competitive pay that can allow you to live the lifestyle you want. However, if you have experience in the job, it will be easier to fit into the job instantly. Many benefits are available in the job depending on the time you are ready to be on the job. In some Canadian provinces, the government is ready to give you more remuneration for doing extra work.
Truck Drivers’ Jobs in High Demand
Canadian immigration is seeking long-haul drivers, but there are limited positions for this job. If you are a competent truck driver and have the required criteria, the Canadian government will issue a work visa that will allow you to work in the country. According to statistics, it was discovered by 2024, the demand for long haul truck drivers will increase to 48,000. It shows there are lots of opportunities for individuals in this field.
In Canada, the workforce in this sector is filled with aged people with an average age of 47 and above. As a result, the country wants younger truck drivers with experience. Normally, long-haul drivers will have to work for 14 days on the road, but there are three days off between each trip. For instance, if you travel from Regina to Edmonton, then the journey takes you 12 hours, and you will be given an off day to recuperate well. They have over 2,600 vacant positions for truck drivers.
Salaries for Truck Driver Jobs in Canada
In Canada, the longer the time you spend traveling from one province to another, the higher your income. In Alberta, truck divers earn $30/hour, and in New Brunswick at $17/hour. Therefore, the annual salary for truck drivers falls between $35,000 to $60,000 for full-time drivers. Let’s see salaries for some Canadian provinces:
- Alberta – $54,195
- Northwest Territories – $52,650
- British Columbia – $49,725
- Saskatchewan – $48,750
- Ontario $46,940
- Quebec – $46,781
- Prince Edward Island – $37,986
Essential Requirements for Truck Driver Jobs in Canada
- Language Skills: English or French
- Educational degree: Certificate or Diploma
- Credentials: certificates, courses, licenses, etc.
- Experience: 3 to 5 years
- Specific skills: Perform pre-trip, en route, and post-trip inspection
- Documentation: Driver logbook, maintenance and repair reports, inspection report, etc.
- Security and Safety: Driving record check and Driver’s validity license check.
- Personal Equipment: Safety boots, hard hats, etc.
- Transportation Information: Valid driver’s license
- Physical Capabilities and Working conditions: overtime, repetitive tasks.
- Type of Trucking Equipment: Dump truck and Tractor-trailer
Truck Drivers’ Capabilities
- Goods should be always wrapped
- Respond to any issue that is raised by consumers
- Fix and troubleshoot technical issues that may occur
- Carry out different laboring tasks to assist apprentices, tradespeople, and other employees.
- Overseeing the unloading and loading of products
- Inspecting vehicle’s overall function such as lights, tires, brakes, clutch, etc.
What are the Basic Duties of Truck Drivers?
- Operate business tricks in a manner that matches applicable laws and rules.
- Checking and cleaning the vehicle daily for safety purposes.
- Traveling to the Hub DC and DC within the allocated time.
- Unload and load tires to meet delivery responsibilities.
Application for Truck Driver Jobs in Canada
If you consider yourself eligible for the job, then you can go ahead with the job application process to get the job. This is a simple step or guideline to follow that will guarantee you maximum success:
- Click the apply button to take you to the next step
- Endeavor to read the information regarding the job process carefully such as job description, duties, required education, responsibilities, specific skills, experience, hiring company, work settings, work location, etc.
- Click on ‘show how to apply, and it may contain the application link.
- Submit your application and CV to the provided email address
Reference to Job Listing – Apply below
- Link 1: http://gestyy.com/esrDad
- Link 2: http://gestyy.com/esrDsy
Different Truck Driver Jobs in Canada
Truck driver Jobs in Calgary:
This province has an impressive number of skyscrapers and it is a fast development province. It is the country’s oil industry center. As a result of retaining Western culture, it is also known as “Cowtown”. Also, it is an excellent location for truck drivers to work, and some of these truck driver jobs are:
- Combo/Pressure Truck Operator
- Class 3 Garbage Truck Driver
- Truck Driver – Permanent
- Driver Helper
- Recycling Service Driver
Truck driver jobs in Ontario:
Ontario is another province for truck drivers located in the Eastern part of Canada. It shares boundaries with the Great Lake region and the United States. The province had numerous Victorian architecture exhibiting Canadian and indigenous arts. Some of the driver jobs available are:
- Haul Truck Operator
- Shunt truck driver
- Recycling truck driver
- Tractor-trailer truck driver
- Garbage Truck Driver (AZ)
Truck driver jobs in Edmonton:
It is the capital city of Alberta and happens to be the largest province. It is located at the Northern end of which statistics Canada calls the “Calgary-Edmonton Corridor”. They need young and experienced truck drivers. Some truck drivers vacancies are:
- Truck driver
- Seasonal Shutdown Class 3 Driver
- Moving truck driver
- Long haul truck driver
Other Interesting Contents
- How to Apply for Canada Visa in 7 Easy Steps
- A Complete Guide to Canada Permanent Residency
- [Updated] Minimum IELTS Score for Canada Express Entry
Truck driver jobs are the hot cake in Canada for those with the right skills and experience to fill the position. If you are thinking of migrating to Canada to earn a good income, you can apply to any Canadian province searching for truck drivers and you will be lucky to get a work visa into the country.