University of Alberta also known as UAlberta is a public research institution or rather a comprehensive academic and research university located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The university is one of the top 100 universities in the world and ranking as the top 5 universities in Canada.
University of Alberta was established in 1908 by Alexander Cameron Rutherford who was a Canadian lawyer. However, this university comprises of four main campuses which includes the Augustana Campus in Camrose, the one in Edmonton and a staff centre in downtown Calgary. The motto of the institution states, “Quaecumque vera” in Latin which means “Whatsoever things are true” in English.
University of Alberta offers more than 200 undergraduate programs in more than 18 faculties. There are over 36,000 students in the institution with over 7,000 international students present in the population. Out of the 36,000 plus students, over 30,000 are undergraduates and 7,000 are postgraduates. The institution also features 2764 Academic staffs and 2527 administrative staffs.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Current World University Rankings: 136
- QS World University Rankings: 113
- Academic Ranking of World Universities: 101
Field of Study – Programs/Courses
- Agricultural Food and Nutritional Science
- Human Ecology
- Renewable Resources
- Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology
- Accounting, Operations and Information Systems
- Finance and Statistical Analysis
- Marketing, Business Economics, and Law
- Strategic Management and Organization
- Art and Design
- Community Service-Learning
- East Asian Studies
- English and Film Studies
- History and Classics
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Modern Languages and Cultural Studies
- Political Science
- Women’s & Gender Studies
- Fine Arts
- Social Sciences
- Educational Policy Studies
- Educational Psychology
- Elementary Education
- Library and Information Studies, School of
- Secondary Education
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical and Materials Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- School of Engineering Safety and Risk Management
- School of Mining and Petroleum Engineering
- Graduate Studies and Research
- Kinesiology, Sport, and Recreation
- Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cell Biology
- Critical Care
- Dentistry and Dental Hygiene
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Laboratory Medicine and Pathology
- Medical Genetics
- Medical Microbiology and Immunology
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging
- Native Studies
- Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Public Health, School of
- Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Biological Sciences
- Computing Science
- Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- Mathematical and Statistical Sciences
You can search for both undergraduate and graduate programs from their page via https://www.ualberta.ca/admissions-programs/index.html.
University of Alberta offers three main scholarship programs which includes international country scholarship, international student scholarship and Campus Saint-Jean scholarship program.
International Country Scholarship
This scholarship is offered to every international student with great academic achievement coming to study in Alberta University under a study permit. However, qualified students awarded with the international country scholarship must have a superior academic performance entering first year of undergraduate degree. The value of the scholarship is worth up to AUD $5,000.
International Student Scholarship
This is also similar with the international country scholarship but can be renewable for other years of study. The student as known must have a superior achievement and on each normal course of study must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 credit load. The value of this scholarship is estimated CAN $9,000 and payable over four years.
Campus Saint-Jeans Scholarship
This scholarship program is offered by Campus Saint-Jean to every outstanding international student coming to school in Alberta under a student visa permit. However, the value of this scholarship is variable.
Admission Requirements, Process and Instructions
Firstly, if you’re an international student, I advise you read about to process on how to obtain Canadian student visa. Without the study visa, you won’t be able to migrate to Canada for study purpose.
- Firstly, visit their official website via https://www.ualberta.ca and complete application sections.
- Next, refer admission to the particular program you going for.
- Pay a non-refundable fee of $125 CAD which is the application fee.
- Lastly, submit application form online.
University of Alberta Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate of University of Alberta is slightly over 50%
University of Alberta Fees per year
- CAD$12,420 on Living cost
- CAD$7,308 on Campus accommodations
- CAD$28,720 on Undergraduate average tuition fee
- CAD$10,130 on Postgraduate average tuition fee
University of Alberta Reviews
Below are some positive reviews from Google reviews about University of Alberta.