The University of Calgary is among the prominent universities in Canada. Presently they have over 25,000 undergraduate and 5,000 graduate students for application annually. The school offers diverse programs for both indigenous and international students like bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. As a result of being one of the sought after schools, you need to be meet the University of Calgary acceptance rate to secure admission into various faculties:
- Schools of Architecture
- Faculty of Kinesiology
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social Work
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Faculty of Graduate Studies
- Faculty of Arts
- Schulich School of Engineering
- Planning and Landscape
- Haskayne School of Business
University of Calgary Campuses
Besides having the University of Calgary acceptance rate, the school has four campuses in Calgary, and one in Doha, Qatar for international students. Let’s get to know these campuses:
It came into existence in 1960 and comprises 14 faculties. It has different things like world-class research centers, extensive support services for students, and athletic facilities.
The Foothills Campus comprises the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, School of Medicine, Health Science Center, the Health Research Innovation Centre, and Research and Wellness Building.
The Downtown Campus has the School of Public Policy and the Haskayne School of Business offering both graduate and executive-level programs. The school has its headquarters here too alongside the city’s business community.
Spy Hill Campus:
Veterinary Medicine with Clinical and applied research is here. The campus carries out clinical and diagnostic learning. Besides these faculties, they have others like Veterinary Sciences Research Station, High-Density Library storage facility, and the Wildlife Research Station
Doha, Qatar Campus:
The campus came out in 2007 and it is mainly for Nursing students offering Nursing programs like Bachelors of Nursing, and Master of Nursing. The Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing has accredited these Nursing programs taught on this campus.
Admission Requirements for International Students at the University of Calgary
International applicants wanting to gain admission into this university will need to have the requirements such as documents and language proficiency to fit the school admission requirements. The school uses the total number of students who got admission divided by the total number of applicants. Therefore, the University of Calgary acceptance rate is 38%. Application to the school is through their official application portal, and you will pay an application fee of USD 110. The following documents are important:
- Photocopy of current passport
- Official academic transcripts and certificate translated into English
- Personal essay or portfolio
- Financial account statement
- Good medical history/record
- English language test scores such as SAT, ACT, TOEFL, IELTS, etc.
Undergraduate Admission at the University of Calgary
Undergraduate students have opportunities to choose different courses at the Undergraduate level to obtain a bachelor’s degree in fields such as Health Science, Law, Medicine, Engineering, Management, Social Sciences, and other certification courses. The admission criteria for Undergraduate programs are:
- Completed online application form
- Academic transcripts in English
- Cumulative GPA of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale
- Recommendation letters
- Personal statement
- SAT score
Graduate Admission Requirements at the University of Calgary
The university offers over 65 graduate degree programs, diplomas, and certifications for graduate students. The admission program for any of the graduate courses remains the same, and here are the requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field of study
- Minimum GPA score of 3.0 on a 4.0 point system or equivalent
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Personal essay or portfolio
- A test score of a standardized test
- Proficiency in the English language
Visa Requirements for International Students
If you are an intentional student who has gotten admitted into the school and has met the desired University of Calgary acceptance rate. It is crucial to get a study permit if you intend to stay more than 6 months. These are the documents you must possess:
- Medical examination
- Proof of financial support
- Valid passport
- Admission letter
- Two passport photographs
- Specified application fee in CND
Deadline for Application at University of Calgary
The school has different application dates. As a result of the Covid-19, the school decided that change its deadlines:
Fall Undergraduate admission occurs, r residence application and scholarship application.
Fall transfer students’ transcript submission deadline
Application deadline for undergraduate students
It is the deadline for Undergraduate student’s submission
Acceptance offers sent out
Academic acceptance deadline for undergraduates
The University of Calgary Tuition and Funding Opportunities
The tuition fees in this university cost $6,000 each year for indigenous students and 12,700 for international students. Studying in Canada is affordable compared to studying in countries like the United Kingdom or the United States. As a result, it is easier to pay Canadian tuition fees. There are different funding opportunities in the school such as bursaries, savings, students, loans, etc.
The school offers over $17 million to students using different means like scholarships and bursaries annually. The winners of the annual Prestige Awards acquire $5,000 with an average of 95% or higher on admission. International students can enjoy some of these awards to complete their education at any level either Undergraduate or Postgraduate.
Other Interesting Contents
- Undergraduate VS Postgraduate: What Difference Does it Make?
- A Complete Guide to Canada Permanent Residency
- 20 Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada for International Students
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is it hard to gain admission into the University?
- Yes, the school is considered among the hardest universities to gain admission to in Canada.
- What is the average GPA you need for getting admission to the University of Calgary?
- You will need a GPA score of 3.3 to get admission into the institution or an average grade of 85% or higher.
- Is it expensive to enroll education in at the University of Calgary?
- The living cost of the University of Calgary is affordable, therefore you can live in this city and afford things like accommodation, transportation, feeding, etc.