The University of Geneva is also amongst the best public universities in Switzerland which is located in Geneva, Switzerland. Formerly, it was known as a theological seminary and law school until the 17th century, it dropped every religious affiliation and became a secular institution.
The University of Geneva was established in 1559 and the motto of the institution states in Latin “Post tenebras lux” which means “Light after darkness”. Moreover, in 2009 the institution celebrated its 450th anniversary making it one of the oldest institutions in Switzerland.
In this institution, there are over 40% foreign students (from over 150 nationalities), a total of approximately 18,000 students, and 6500 academic staff. The institution offers over 500 programs including 80 doctoral programs and 129 master’s degree programs.
- Current World University Rankings: 94
- QS World University Rankings: 151
- Academic Ranking of World Universities: 87
Field of Study – Programs/Courses
The University of Geneva composes of 9 faculties which include;
- Faculty of Sciences
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty Geneva School of Economics and Management (GSEM)
- Faculty Geneva School of Social Sciences (G3S)
- Faculty of Law (Geneva Law School)
- Faculty of Theology
- Faculty of Psychology and School of Education
- Faculty of Translation and Interpreting
You can get more information on the various courses from their official website.
Admission Requirements, Process, and Instructions
Firstly, if you’re an international student, I advise you to read about to process on how to obtain a Switzerland student visa. Without the study visa, you won’t be able to migrate to Switzerland for study purposes.
- Firstly, visit their official website via https://www.unige.ch/ and complete application sections.
- Next, refer admission to the particular program you going for.
- Pay the administrative fee.
- Lastly, submit the application form online.
For more details on fees and cost of living, you can visit their official page via https://www.unige.ch/droit/transnational/en/vie/cout/.
University of Geneva Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate of the University of Geneva is slightly over 53%
University of Basel Fees per year
- Fr24,000 on Living Cost
- Fr14,244 on Campus Accommodation
- Fr15,500 on Postgraduate average tuition fee
University of Geneva Reviews
After going through some reviews published by most graduating students from the University of Geneva, I can give the institution a rating of 4.1 on a scale of 1 to 5. Moreover, most students are currently gaining amazing experience from the social perspective in the institution as per review.
What’s your take about this university? If you’re currently a student, feel free to drop a review on the comment section. For further inquiry about this institution, you can always visit their official webpage.