University of Lausanne is one of the largest public universities located in Lausanne, Switzerland. Moreover, they offer wide range of curriculum including exchange programs with world re-owned universities.
The University of Lausanne was founded in 1537 as a school of theology, thereafter; it was made a university early 1890. The motto of the institution states “Le savoir vivant” in Latin which means “Live knowledge”.
This institution currently features over 15,000 students with approximately 1500 international students across 120 nationalities and over 3,000 academic staffs.
Université de Lausanne, 1015 Lausanne, Suisse, Lausanne, Chavannes-près-Renens, Écublens, Saint-Sulpice and Épalinges, Vaud, Switzerland.
- Current World University Rankings: 198
- QS World University Rankings: 153
- Academic Ranking of World Universities: 151
Field of Study – Programs/Courses
The University of Lausanne composes of 9 faculties which includes;
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Biology and Medicine (FBM)
- Faculty of Business and Economics (HEC), also called HEC Lausanne
- Faculty of Geosciences and Environment (GSE)
- Faculty of Law, Criminal Justice and Public Administration (FDSC), including the Swiss Graduate School of Public Administration
- Faculty of Social and Political Sciences (SSP)
- Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies (FTSR)
The University of Lausanne also comprises schools and different sections, including but not limited to:
- School of Criminal Justice (ESC)
- School of French as a Foreign Language (EFLE)
- French summer and winter courses (Cours de vacances)
- Science-Society Interface
For more enquiries on field of study, you can visit their official website.
Scholarships & Awards
University of Lausanne offers scholarship with a value of one-time relief from financial problem alongside monthly payments and other extras. Moreover, every international student that aren’t receiving a sufficient amount from the grants office of their township, or any other funds is eligible to apply for this scholarship through the Social Affairs and Student Mobility Service.
In addition, such aids may be granted as temporary help, additional studies allowance (monthly payment), subside in medical expenses and Partial exemption from the registration courses fees.
Admission Requirements, Process and Instructions
Firstly, if you’re an international student, I advise you read about to process on how to obtain Switzerland student visa. Without the study visa, you won’t be able to migrate to Switzerland for study purpose.
- Firstly, visit their official website via https://www.unil.ch/central/en/home.html and complete application sections.
- Next, refer admission to the particular program you going for.
- Pay a non-refundable fee of CHF 200 which is the application fee.
- Lastly, submit application form online.
University of Lausanne Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate of University of Lausanne is slightly over 41%
University of Lausanne Fees per year
- Fr24,100 on Living Cost
- Fr14,244 on Campus Accommodation
University of Lausanne Reviews
We’ve gone through most reviews by older students of the institution and we can give a rating of 4 out of 5. Moreover, you can go through the below review.
Feel free to also drop your own review via comment section. If wish to make any further enquires about the University of Lausanne, you can do that on their official website. Don’t forget to share this information with your friends on social media using the share button provided on this page.