The University of Saskatchewan is among the top universities around the globe. The school is recognized for leading world research in diverse areas such as food security, infectious diseases, water, etc. It is the more reason students are grabbing their chances to study here. In this article, it is imperative to have information about the University of Saskatchewan’s acceptance rate to be serious about your academic performance to stand a chance of getting admission.
Basic Facts About University of Saskatchewan
- Application season for students – Spring, Fall, and Summer
- Work-study – Available on campus
- English language proficiency accepted test IELTS/TOEFL
- Application Fee – CAD 90
- Financial Aid for International Students – Grants, Scholarships, and Loans
- TOEFT (iBT) – Minimum score of 86
- Official website – usak.ca
Reasons to Study at the University of Saskatchewan
Getting the privilege to study in this institution could be one of the biggest decisions you will have to make in your life. On March 19, 1907, the school was established on the East side of South Saskatchewan. The school has numerous colleges with over 200 academic programs including undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs. Besides the University of Saskatchewan acceptance rate, these are interesting facts about the university:
- It is one of the leading research universities in Canada.
- The school is a member of the U15 Group of Canadian Research Universities.
- The origin of the Canadian Light Source synchrotron is recognized as among the most innovative investment you would find in Canadian science.
- They have space to support the interdisciplinary focus of work and study like the Gordon Oakes Red Bear Student Centre which is an intercultural social place that assists in integrating indigenous cultures into the university.
- The university has a safe environment that welcomes undergraduates and graduates to find accommodation in the school.
Read also: Today’s Big Q: Why Study in Canada?
Courses Offered at the University of Saskatchewan
The school has different programs like degrees, diplomas, and certificates for their students across the 17 colleges. If you haven’t made up your mind about the course you want to study, you can apply to the School of Arts and Science. The main reason is to offer your flexibility in class selection. The school academic advisor could assist you in choosing a first-year schedule that offers you the option for you to change your course. If you meet up with the University of Saskatchewan acceptance rate, you can study any of these fields:
- Life Sciences and Chemistry
- Business and Economics
- Indigenous Programs
- Society and Law
- Languages and Communications
- History, Culture, and Arts
- Environment and Earth Sciences
- Agriculture, Plants, and Animals
- Math, Engineering Technology, and Physics
What is the Ranking of the University of Saskatchewan
In ranking a university, different factors will be considered before making it official. The University of Saskatchewan has many factors that have influenced its ranking such as tuition fee, accreditations, graduation rate, acceptance rate, student to faculty ratio, and other factors. The 2020 World University Ranking placed the University of Saskatchewan at 439th in the world, and 6th in Canada.
On the other hand, the Times Higher Education World Ranking placed the university between 401 to 500. Maclean University Ranking ranked it 15th in Canada, while the National Post and Financial Post placed the school at 13th among the top 20 Canadian universities with a student population of 15,397.
What is the Visa Application to Canada?
If you want to enroll in a course that will take you 6 months or more to complete at the university, then you will apply for a study permit and study visa in Canada. You can process these documents in any Canadian embassy in your country of residence. The process could last between 4 to 8 weeks. It is advisable to apply early after you have received your admission letter from the school.
These are the requirements for getting a study permit:
- Medical examination
- Application fee ( billed in CND)
- A valid passport
- Evidence of sufficient funds
- Proof of first-year paid tuition fee
- Qualifying language test score
- Medical examination
- Proof of Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) for 7,500 USD
- Copy of acceptance letter
University of Saskatchewan Acceptance Rate
Getting admission into the University of Saskatchewan takes place during the Fall and Spring season. Also, they have other courses available for students during the Winter and Summer seasons. The University of Saskatchewan acceptance rate is between 80 to 90%.
If you have an excellent academic track performance, you can apply for admission into the school. During the application, SAT, and ACT official scores should be sent to the school. University of Saskatchewan graduates have a high graduate employment rate of 97% and it is one of the most sought-after universities for international students.
University of Saskatchewan Admission Requirements
The admission requirements depend on the program you want to study. It could be you are a returning or visiting student. However, some of the programs in the university demand you to offer additional documents to indicate the department you are applying for.
Documents for Undergraduates:
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- High School Transcripts
- UC writing Supplement
- SAT, Act, UC Maths Placement Score
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- Proof of English Proficiency
Documents for Postgraduates:
- Bachelors Transcripts and Degree
- Financial Documents
- Statement of purpose
- Letters of recommendation
- Visa form
- Work Experience Documents
- 12th Grade Transcripts and Certificate
- 10th Grade Transcripts and Certificate
Scholarships & Financial Aid at the University of Saskatchewan
The University of Saskatchewan has scholarships to offer students financial aid, especially for international students:
- University of Saskatchewan International Excellence Awards is valued at $10,000 for international students based on academic performance.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Excellence Awards is valued at $20,000 for international students completing the Diploma Program with distinctions.
- Canadian Curriculum Schools Awards is valued at $15,000 for international students who graduated from an international institution.
University of Saskatchewan Alumni
The school has influential alumni in diverse areas like politics, sports, business, etc. They have
- John Diefenbaker, 13th Prime Minister of Canada
- Jonathan Denis, Alberta MLA and Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs (LLB, 2000)
- Marilyn Atkinson, founder, and president of Erickson Coaching International
- Alastair G. W. Cameron, an astrophysicist who studied the origin of the chemical elements and the origin of the moon
Other Interesting Contents
- Low GPA Colleges: 100+ List of Colleges that Accept Low GPA
- Top 10 Canada Universities with High Acceptance Rate
- Canada Visa Types – Everything You Need to Know
The University of Saskatchewan is one of the top schools in Canada. As a result, they attract intelligent students from applying for admission into different faculties. If you want to study here, you will need to possess a good GPA with SAT score to increase the odds of getting admission.