The University of St. Andrew’s acceptance rate is one major factor students consider trying to secure admission into the University of St. Andrew. The school has over 7,985 undergraduate and 2,133 graduate students. In 2000, the university came out first in the annual National Student Survey. It is recognized for teaching courses like Economics, Philosophy, Chemistry, Medicine, and Psychology. It is mandatory to possess a CGPA score of 90 in class 12 and a bachelor’s degree with a minimum score of 60%.
University of St. Andrew Rankings
It is one of the oldest Scottish Universities with several accolades that have made it rank among other top universities in the world. These are some rankings of the University:
- World Rank by CWUR 2022: #342
- The World University Rankings 2022: #201–250th
- QS World University Rankings 2022: #91
What is the University of St. Andrews Acceptance Rate?
You need to have an acceptance rate of 8.35% for admission. It is difficult to get admission here because out of 100 applicants, 8 to 9 applicants are admitted. Every year, the number of applicants increases which implies you must be excellent academically and have other skills to separate you from the rest.
Out of 10,845 applicants, only 4,595 students were accepted at the university in an academic year. For instance, if 10,845 students wrote their admission test, it will be only 1,235 will be selected resulting. It implies that 11% out of the total number of applicants got admission to study their dream course.
Read also: List of Best Countries to Study Medicine
Undergraduate Admission at University of St. Andrews
Most of the Undergraduate courses in this University are structured to fit the four-year educational curriculum. Presently, the school comprises 7,985 full-time Undergraduate students pursuing courses such as History, Film Studies, Financial Economics, Psychology, etc. Application to earn Bachelor’s Degree can be done either directly, through the common application, or UCAS.
- Direct Application- 50 GBP
- Common Application- 75 USD
- UCAS- 20 to 26 GBP
The direct application is for students solely applying for the University of St. Andrews. You can use any application process that suits you. These are the documents should possess:
- Official academic transcripts
- School leaving certificate
- Proof of English proficiency
- Standardized exams scores
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Counselor recommendation
- Passport and visa
Graduate Admission at St. Andrews University
At the graduate level, the school offers over 100 courses in four significant faculties as Medicine, Science, Divinity, and Arts. Before you can get admission into their graduate studies, then you must have good academic performance and other work-related achievements.
The school admission officers will take their te to evaluate applicants before selecting the eligible ones. International students can use the school website to apply for admission with an application fee of £50. These are the basic requirements for its admission:
- Evidence of your qualification
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- Official academic transcripts
- Academic/Work reference
- Personal statement or sample of written work
When you have submitted your application, the admission team will access them. You should check your mail for confirmation to know whether you have gotten admission or not. It will take the school four to six weeks to send you an admission letter.
Admission Process for St Andrews Application Process
This is the admission process you have to follow from the beginning to the end:
- Log in to the UCAS portal and click on the “Apply Now”.
- Read through the program curriculum and its requirements
- Create an account using either your mobile number or email address.
- You will get an email or SMS on your registered phone number with the OTP for easy verification. Enter your login details and start filling in personal details such as name, gender, DOB, educational qualification, skills, areas of interest, etc.
- Provide all your academic qualifications and upload the supporting documents.
- Select the course of study and pay the application fee. The application fee varies according to the university and the program.
- Make the payment via net banking, or debit/credit card. Submit your application form, you can also track your application form through your account.
What is the Application Deadline for the University of St. Andrews
The application deadline for the university for international students is May 1. Before this date elapses, you just have submitted a completed application form and supporting documents to the school. In some cases, the school might accept late registration.
In the United States, some universities and colleges have an application deadline of January 1 and January 15. If there is any scholarship, students who submitted their applications will stand a better chance to get it.
UK Visa Requirements for International Students
Undergraduate and graduate students preparing to earn a full degree can appt for a Tier 4 visa to enroll in their dream course in the United Kingdom for three months before the commencement of their program. When an applicant gets a Confirmation of Acceptance for Study (CAS) number, they must have the following documents for their UK visa:
- Acceptance Letter
- CAS number (issued by the university)
- Scores of English language proficiency
- Financial support proof
- CAS request form
- Consent from parent or guardian
- Copy of deposit payment confirmation
- Tuberculosis test results
- Official Academic transcripts
- Proof of relationship with parents (for those below the age of 18)
What is the Tuition Fee for the University of St. Andrews?
The Undergraduate tuition fee is affordable compared to other UK universities. In the United Kingdom, universities and colleges charge their students between $13584 to $51,620. Here is a breakdown of the cost for an undergraduate student studying at the University of St. Andrews:
|Room and board||$12,575|
|Book and supplies||$1,630|
Notable Alumni from the University of St. Andrews
- Prince William, Duke of Cambridge
- Chris Hoy – Cyclist, the most successful British Olympian in terms of gold medals
- Dame Barbara Woodword – UK Ambassador to China
- Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge
- John Witherspoon – US Declaration of Independence signatory)
Other Interesting Contents
- Yearly List of Scholarships in Norway for International Students
- 10+ Tuition Free Universities in Australia to Consider
- List of Universities to Study in the UK Without IELTS
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is it possible to get a job while studying?
- Yes, it is possible because the school permits students to work for 20 hrs/week while language students can work for a maximum of 10 hrs/week.
- Can I work part-time?
- Yes, you can work part-time during your study time, except when you are on break, you can work full time.