Getting admission into the University of Toronto is competitive because many students are applying for admission into the school. The university offers over 700 undergraduate admissions into different disciplines. It is essential to meet up with the admission requirements and get acquainted with the University of Toronto acceptance rate.
In Canada, the University of Toronto is one of the most sought-after schools. Also, it is a leading school in discovery, knowledge creation, learning, etc. If you compare the acceptance rates for this school with others you will find out their acceptance rate is higher. Notwithstanding the University of Toronto acceptance rate, students are finding ways to get admission into the school.
However, if you want to increase your chances of securing admission, it is advisable to take your time to study this article. The school accepts both indigenous and international students. At this juncture, we will get to discuss the university of Toronto admission process. The cost of studying depends on your course of study and the campus you will be attending for your studies.
Besides the tuition fee, you will need to make payment for other costs such as accommodation fees, educational supplies, incidental fees, etc. An undergraduate cost at the University of Toronto will be between $45,800 and $50,800, while a Postgraduate degree will be between $7,000 and $22,640.
Admission Process for University of Toronto
International students studying at the University of Toronto should cost the school website to have more information regarding their admission. These are important steps every applicant should follow:
- Fill in the admission application
- Attach or submit official documents
- Try to obtain your documents from the Canadian embassy or consulate before migrating
- Seek assistance from Canada International Experience if you are facing any challenge
Admission Requirements for University of Toronto Undergraduates
The University of Toronto had different undergraduate degree programs for students. According to statistics, it is estimated that approximately 24% of its candidates are international students. Also, the school recommends students fill out their application forms and attach their documents in time before the deadlines. Before your admission can be processed by the school admission officer, you will need to pay CAD 180. The following documents are important during applying for an undergraduate degree at the University of Toronto:
- All academic transcripts from senior secondary levels
- Standardized test scores to study in Canada
- Completed application form
- Self-reported grades form
- English Language Requirements- like TOEFL/ IELTS/ Cambridge C1 or C2/ CAEL, etc.
Admission Requirements for University of Toronto Graduates
The University of Toronto offers admission the over 300 students wanting to bag a master’s degree. They have diverse graduate programs at its other campus in St. George. You can visit the school website to find a program that will fit your career. The application fee for University of Toronto graduates is CAD 120. The following documents are crucial during graduate application:
- Academic transcripts from an accredited college/ university
- Payment of non-refundable application fee
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study with a minimum of 73%-76% scores
- Completed application form
- English language proficiency- TOEFL/ IELTS
- 2 recommendation letters for MS in Canada
- Statement of Purpose to study in Canada/ Essay
Read also: List of Top Colleges in Canada Without IELTS
What is the Acceptance Rate for the University of Toronto?
Every year the school admits 90,000 students including indigenes and non-indigenes. Despite its high acceptance rate, students want to study in this school. You need to possess 43% before the school can offer you admission. A result of the high number of international students applying for admission has made the school more competitive.
You can stand a chance of studying here in this school by meeting the acceptance rate and having your documents. For instance, when you want to write a personal essay, you can add personal skills that make you exceptional. It is advisable to crosscheck your documents before submitting them.
Canadian Visa Requirements
After you have obtained the University of Toronto acceptance rate you will need to get a study permit that will permit you to study at the school. Applicants need to submit their documents to the admission officers and make their tuition fee payments. For you to get your study permit, you will need these documents:
- A valid passport
- English language proficiency: TOEFL/ IELTS
- Acceptance Letter from the college
- Proof of financial statement
- Submission of biometrics
International students might get a temporary resident visa or Electronic Travel Authorization. You can contact any Canadian Embassy in your country of residence to get more information
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the University of Toronto GPA requirements?
- You will need to get a minimum GPA score of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 which is equivalent to 83 to 86%. If you can get this, then you are eligible for admission.
- Is it hard to get admission into the University of Toronto?
- It is not hard to get admission because the minimum grade is B, but there are other students with a grade of C within some faculties.
- Does the school consider co-curricular when they are offering admission to students?
- Yes, the University of Toronto has an approach they use in admitting their students. These factors are high academic performance, extracurricular activities, etc.
Other Interesting Contents
- How to Apply for Canada Visa in 7 Easy Steps
- List of Best Law Schools in Canada
- 20 Best Countries for Immigrants to Try Right Now
The University of Toronto is one of the best institutions to study in Canada. The competition is indeed intense in the school, you will need to acquire relevant documents to stand out amongst other too.