If you’re looking for the leading research-intensive universities in the North-American continent, then you should defiantly apply for University of Toronto. This is a public research institution in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and located within the grounds of Queens Park.
University of Toronto was founded by royal charter in 1827 and at the period of establishment, the institution was known as King’s College. The motto used by this university states “As a tree through the age” in English and “Velut arbor ævo” in Latin.
University of Toronto offers over 700 programs for undergraduates and 222 masters and doctorate programs. The university also welcomes international students from all over 160 countries, features 61,339 students (43,820 undergraduates and 17,519 postgraduates), 2547 academic staffs and 4,590 administrative staffs.
27 King’s College Cir, Toronto, ON M5S, Canada
- Current World University Rankings: 18
- QS World University Rankings: 29
- Academic Ranking of World Universities: 24
Field of Study – Programs/Courses
University of Toronto offer over 700 programs and courses. However, you can see the full list of programs and courses they offer for both undergraduates and graduate students via https://www.utoronto.ca/academics/programs-directory. You can select any of the below degree types on their platform and know the course listed under the degree.
Degree types for Undergraduates
- Bachelor of Applied Science
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Engineering Science
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Education
- Bachelor of Kinesiology
- Bachelor of Music and Music in Performance
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Radiation Science
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Physician Assistance
- Honours Bachelor of Arts
- Honours Bachelor of Science
Degree types for Graduates
- Doctor of Education
- Doctor of Juridical Science
- Doctor of Medicine
- Doctor of Musical Arts
- Doctor of Pharmacy
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Executive Masters of Business Administration
- Global Professional Master of Law
- Master of Applied Science
- Master of Architecture
- Master of Arts
- Master of Biotechnology
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Education
- Master of Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Cities Engineering and Management
- Master of Environmental science
- Master of Finance
- Master of Finance Economics
- Master of Financial insurance
- Master of Financial Risk Management
- Master of Forensic Accounting
- Master of Forest Conversation
- Master of Global Affairs
- Master of Health Informatics
- Master of Health Science
- Master of Health Science
- Master of Industrial Relations and Human Resources
- Master of Information
- Master of Law
- Master of Management and Professional Accounting
- Master of Management of Innovation
- Master of Mathematical Finance
- Master of Museum Studies
- Master of Music
- Master of Nursing
- Master of Professional Kinesiology
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Public Policy
- Master of Science
- Master of Science in Applied Computing
- Master of Science in Biomedical Communication
- Master of Science in Community Health
- Master of Science in Forestry
- Master of Science in Occupational Therapy
- Master of Science in Planning
- Master of Science in Sustainability Management
- Master of Social Work
- Master of Studies Law
- Master of Teaching
- Master of Theological Studies
- Master of Theology
- Master of Urban Design
- Master of Urban Innovation
- Master of Visual Studies
- Master in Accounting and Finance
- Omnium Global Executive Master of Business Administration
The University of Toronto offers three major categories of Scholarships which include the Ontario Trillium Scholarship, Connaught International Scholarship for Doctoral Students, and Undergraduate Admission Awards.
Ontario Trillium Scholarship (OTS)
This scholarship program is awarded to graduate students and applicants are nominated by their graduate units. However, the scholarship program is made available for international students only and must be ready to pursue his/her full-time Ph.D. program. The value of the scholarship is estimated at about $40,000.
Connaught International Scholarship for Doctoral Students
This is almost similar to OTS as graduate students and applicants are nominated by their graduate unit. However, an international students must be ready to pursue his/her full-time doctorate program. The estimated value for the scholarship is $35,000.
Undergraduate Admission Awards
This scholarship program is awarded to undergraduates with outstanding results. It’s made available for every international student and the undergraduate admission awards is valued at CAD$6,000.00 (US$ 4,559).
Admission Requirements, Process, and Instructions
Firstly, if you’re an international student, I advise you to read about to process on how to obtain a Canadian student visa. Without the study visa, you won’t be able to migrate to Canada for study purposes.
- Firstly, visit their official website via https://www.utoronto.ca/ and complete application sections.
- Next, refer admission to the particular program you going for.
- Pay a non-refundable fee of $120 CAD which is the application fee.
- Lastly, submit the application form online.
University of Toronto Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate of University of Toronto is 43%
University of Toronto Fees per year
- CAD$15,000 on Living cost
- CAD$9,844 on Campus accommodations
- CAD$53,010 on Undergraduate average tuition fee
- CAD$31,500 on Postgraduate average tuition fee
University Of Toronto Reviews
So far so good, we’ve managed to gather a few positive reviews about the University of Toronto. You can read more reviews from niche or Google reviews. Below are some positive reviews.
What’s your take on University of Toronto? Would you love to attend? Anyways, if you’ve any question or you need further enquires about this institution, you can always check through their official page. Feel free to also read through other related content of Careergigo.