The University of Sydney is another school to gain either bachelors or masters in Australia. USYD scholarships cover things like living allowance, tuition fees, medical insurance, etc. You need to submit your application on time to get these scholarships. It is advisable to attach your relevant documents to the scholarship form to be eligible for it.
The major reason for these Usyd scholarships is to attract international students from different parts of the world to study in Australia. The University of Sydney has different courses for students to get their dreams a reality. We will need to see some details about these scholarships to have an idea of their benefits.
Benefits of USYD Scholarships
The University of Sydney scholarships offer financial awards to full-time students. These are the benefits of the scholarship:
- Free tuition fees for international students
- Free accommodation
- A financial stipend of $26,596 yearly
- Medical funds for sick leave
- Free Airfare ticket to travel from your country of residence to Sydney
- Reimbursement funds up to $420 for graduate studies and $480 for doctoral students.
- Research funds
Essential Documents for USYD Scholarships
You need to possess some important documents for these Usyd scholarships:
- Master’s Program Applicants: bachelor’s degree and academic transcripts
- Doctoral applicants: Master’s degree or Postgraduate diploma and academic transcripts
- Academic transcripts verified with official stamps
- Two letters of recommendation
- Research proposal
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Acceptance letter from Supervisor
- Language proficiency test either in TOEFL, SAT, IELTS, ACT, etc.
- Academic thesis or any relevant publication
- Doctoral applicants need to submit their Master’s thesis
These are the following Usyd Scholarships:
1 Adam Scott Foundation Scholarship:
It is avail for both undergraduate students that want to begin as fresher at Sydney University. The scholarship supports students struggling with their educational finances. In 2019, the scholarship came into existence and Adam Scott is the founder of the scholarship. The scholarship is for young Australians searching for finance for their educational goals.
- $10,000 per year towards living expenses
- Up to $25,000 towards accommodation costs for students in university-owned accommodation
- Up to $15,000 towards tuition fees
The scholarship is worth over $50,000 annually for 4 consecutive years.
You need to be under 30 years and below to enroll for this scholarship and study an undergraduate course at the University of Sydney. There should be proof you are having financial issues. Adam Scott Foundation Scholarship is given to students based on their academic merit. However, if you are good at any extracurricular activity or leadership skills, then you can be lucky to be among the selected applicants for an upcoming interview. You can click this link for more information:
Sciences Po Dual Degree Equity Scholarship:
In 2010, the scholarship was introduced to help students at the University of Sydney obtain their bachelor’s degrees. You need to show evidence that you are suffering from financial disadvantage or hardship. The scholarship can help you get a dual degree in both Bachelor of Economics and Bachelor of Arts. In 1973, Gladys Marks funded the scholarship by making several donations
The Sciences Po Dual Degree Equity Scholarship is worth over $15,000 annually for two consecutive years.
As an applicant for the scholarship, you must meet these criteria:
- Be an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island citizen
- Emerge from a low socio-economic background
- Good long term medical history
- A regional or remote disadvantage
You need to be outstanding academically to get the scholarship. If you are submitting a personal statement, you have to write convincingly to the Committee comprises of the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Programs. You can click for more details:
It is one of the Usyd scholarships given to high school students aiming to study at the University of Sydney. If you have a minimum ATAR of 99.90, you might be selected for the scholarship and enjoy free accommodation or reside closer to the school campus.
Monetary Value :
The scholarship award is $10,000 annually and it will last throughout your course of study.
The scholarship has no application process, and the scholarship award is given on the release of the ATAR results through the UAC, and students are required to have a USYD course as their UAC preferences. You can vis this website:
Lendlease Bradfield Urbanisation Scholarship $10k/yr
The scholarship is named after John Bradfield who happens to be an architect involved in the designing of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and it is one of the most prominent Usyd scholarships. The scholarship rewards students interested in things like technology, civil innovation, and urbanization. You must be in your first or second year of study to participate in this scholarship, and enroll in any of the faculty:
- University of Sydney Business School.
- Sydney School of Architecture, Design, and Planning
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Faculty of Engineering
The Lendlease Bradfield Urbanisation Scholarship offers $10,000 annually for the duration of a full-time undergraduate degree, and it includes combined degree programs.
Your academic results will be verified and you will have to submit a personal statement or essay to their advertised essay questions. If you are lucky to be part of the successful candidates, you will be the beneficiary of the scholarship. The link has more information:
The Clissold Scholarships:
In 2018, the late Geoffrey Kenneth Clissold brought out this scholarship to aid Undergraduate students from poor backgrounds. If you are starting an undergraduate degree, you have options to either enroll in Usyd’ Social Sciences or the Faculty of Arts.
The Clissold Scholarship is worth over $7000 annually for the duration of an undergraduate degree in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences or University of Sydney Business School.
Applicants are assessed on the basis that they meet one or more of the following criteria:
- A remote or regional disadvantage
- Have career responsibilities
- From low socio-economic backgrounds
Before you can eligible for it, you must accept an unconditional offer to be an undergraduate degree in a Usyd Faculty of Arts or Social Sciences.
Other Interesting Contents
- 10+ Tuition Free Universities in Australia to Consider
- Study and Work in Australia: Everything You Need to Know
- Beginners Guide: How to Completely Migrate to Australia
USYD Scholarships are available for eligible applicants trying to gain financial aid to pursue their undergraduate degrees. If you are qualified for any of the scholarships and are a member of the school, you can apply too.