In times past, many Waec candidates have been searching for a simple way to check their results, but it hasn’t been easy for them. Therefore, it is for this reason, the Waec result checker was created to assist students having difficulties in knowing their Waec grades. Therefore, in this article, we will elaborate more on the Waec result checker.
What is Waec?
The West African Examination Council (WAEC) is a regional institution that conducts examinations in the eleven countries of West Africa. The council was formed in 1961 and has since served as a regional authority for the promotion of education.
The WAEC provides educational opportunities to students in its member countries by conducting examinations in various subjects. The examinations are used to determine whether a student is eligible to attend a school or university in their country. Additionally, the WAEC also awards certificates and Diplomas to students who pass their exams.
The WAEC website provides information on how to prepare for their exams, as well as tips on how to study for them. The website also offers advice on how to succeed in life after completing their education.
Read also: Jamb Result Checker: How to Check Your UTME Score
What is Waec Result Checker?
The West African Examination Council (WAEC) Result Checker is a free online service that allows students to check the results of their West African Examinations, including the WAEC Advanced Level Exam and the WAEC General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCE) Examination. The Result Checker was launched in October 2014 and is available in English and French.
Students can access the Result Checker by logging into their MyWAEC account or by using the search bar on the home page. Once logged in, students can select their examination from the dropdown menu on the left-hand side of the screen. Results for each examination are displayed in a table format, with individual student results listed first and then school/college results for each subject. Results can be searched by name, school/college name, or grade.
Read also: List of Top Competitive Exams After Graduation
Important Things to Remember When Checking Waec Result
- Make sure you have the right document:
You need your West African Examination Council (WAEC) result slip to use the WAEC result checker. If you don’t have it, you’ll need to contact your school or institution to request a duplicate.
- Check the document’s authenticity:
Make sure the document is authentic before using the WAEC result checker. There are several ways to spot fake documents:
-Look for inconsistencies in the document’s layout and text formatting. For example, if one of the columns has been cut off or replaced incorrectly, this will be visible when scanned or printed out.
-Check that all of the required information is present – especially your name and student number – and that it matches what is displayed on your result slip.
- Use a valid internet connection:
The WAEC result checker can only be used online. You’ll need a valid internet connection to access it. If you’re having difficulty connecting, try using different browsers or using a different computer altogether.
Eligible Criteria to Write Waec
To be eligible to write a WAEC examination, you must:
- Be a citizen of one of the WAEC member states
- Be 18 years or older on the day of the examination
- Have a valid passport and visa to attend the examination
- Not have been convicted of a felony or serious crime within five years before the date of the examination
- Not have any mental or physical illness that may affect their ability to take the examination.
Read also: Top 10 Universities Offering Scholarships in Canada for African Students
Effective Ways for Checking Waec Results
- Visit the WAEC website (waecdirect.org) and enter your student number and date of birth. You will be directed to a confirmation page where you can print your result sheet.
- Visit the WAEC website and click on “Results Search.” Enter your student number, examination name, and paper code. You will be directed to a results search page where you can view all results for that particular examination.
- Visit the WAEC website and click on “My Results.” You will be directed to a My Results page where you can view all results for any examinations that you have taken within the last six years.
- Download the WAEC App from the App Store or Google Play store. The app allows you to check your results, update your contact information, and receive alerts when new results are available for an examination that you have taken.
How to Apply for Waec
- Candidates who wish to take the WAEC examinations must apply through the WAEC website. Applications can be submitted no later than 60 days before the examination date.
- To begin the application process, candidates must first register with WAEC. After registering, candidates will need to create an account and complete the required forms.
- Once registered, candidates will need to upload their transcripts and letters of recommendation. All documents must be in PDF format and have a minimum file size of 2 MB.
- After uploading all necessary documentation, candidates will need to pay the applicable fees.
- Lastly, candidates will need to provide answers to questions provided by WAEC on its website. After completing these questions, candidates will be able to check their results.
Read also: How to Write an Application Letter to Request for a Scholarship
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I use the WACE result checker?
A: To use the WACE result checker, you will first need to create an account. Once you have created your account, you can then access your results by logging in. To find your results, simply enter your student number and password into the search bar on the homepage. You can also browse through your results by subject or grade level.
Q: Can I get my results sent to me electronically?
A: Yes, you can receive your results electronically if you request them via email. To do this, simply complete the electronic result request form on the WACE website and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your results will be sent to the email address that you provide on this form.
Q: Can I get a copy of my results from the WACE result checker?
A: Yes, you can order a copy of your results from the WACE result checker. To order a copy of your results, simply click on the Order My Results button on the homepage of the website